**** DONE: 1/48 Vought F-8E Crusader VF-211 "Checkmates" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like this one Paul it was a fascinating time in jet development. Your off to a good start as well, nicely done. Workbench has had a tidy up well.
Yes, I always liked the earlier jets, this one joined the fleet in the early '50's and was downing Migs in the late'60's, gotta love that!
The desk will probably return to it's natural state soon enough, although I really should make an effort to "tidy" more often.
Given the small size of the new house, it will probably become a necessity.

Sorry I haven't looked in on this one till now, that HH-60H!!!!!!

When I was stationed at North Island in San Diego in '62 there were the floppy winged F8's there. I always thought it was a giant among carrier planes.

I'll keep an eye on this one mate.

Thanks to all for looking in, and for the fine comments!
Here in Humid Carolina the putty takes awhile to set up, finaly got the intake sanded and painted. It is smooth enough that the flash brought out a reflection of the black paint at the very end as a weird blue "ghost"

f810.jpg

There will be a slight "burp" in this build, I am trying to get information as to the interior of the fuselage when the wing is up. I feel that this unique feature is intregral to the plane and must have been modeled by others, so the search begins!

Last edited:
Vic might have some info there Paul, as he did a couple of Crusaders recently, one with the wing 'up'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back