**** DONE: 1/72 B-24H “Booby Trap” - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, and the underside gray?
Model Master #1725 Neutral Gray

O.k., nobody has said it, but we are all thinking it, so I have to,
Nice Tits!
And I mean it!
It made an a lasting impression on Dad, that's for sure. Fifty years later he couldn't remember the name of the plane he flew in but remembered this one in detail :lol:

I did the panel line wash and added brake lines from thin copper wire strands. The B-24 has two break drums on each wheel so there were two brake lines on each gear leg, one passing through the hollow axel to come out on the other side.

P8180245.JPG
P8180242.JPG
P8180244.JPG

Last edited:
Really really reallly nice Glenn!

Thanks for the color. I start pulling my hair out looking for colors.

I spent quite a bit of time doing some detailing tonight. Put the serial decals on the tail fins, each number separate so it was rather tedious. I also painted the main gear struts and the turbos which I did a three color wash on. I think it's the first time I've been satisfied with the way the tubros turned out.

P8190248.JPG
P8190251.JPG
P8190252.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys :D
I'm out of town again this weekend so the deadline for me is Thursday night. Another one down to the wire.
I sprayed the dull coat last night and did the pastel weathering and another coat of dull coat to seal it. I notched out the edges of the bomb bay doors to make them look more like the real thing and glued them on, then my favorite part, taking off the window masks. I wasn't really sure how those sliding armored side windows would look until painted but it looks like they turned out OK.
I hope to finish off the landing gear tonight and make a good start on the turrets.

P8260259.JPG
P8260253.JPG
P8260255.JPG
P8260256.JPG
P8260258.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back