**** DONE: 1/72 BV222 Wiking Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WW II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wayne! I need to replace my old adhesives as they're running low and they don't work as well as I'd like.

Let you know more, Wayne, after my appointment with a Thoracic surgeon on the 30th.Charles

:Thumbright:

Thanks Wayne! I need to replace my old adhesives as they're running low and they don't work as well as I'd like.

You're welcome sir!

Ok some modelling, fitted most of the "glass" plastic windows to both sides of the fuselage, also slapped some plasticard and brass rod curtains over the edges of the windows that MAY be visible through the removable top section of the fuselage if it works out...the port side fuselage has a couple of small additions of plasticard, the small box (which will be barely visible) and cupboard to cover 2 painful ejector pin marks which extend through the inner ribbing structure, which would have consumed too much time correcting and improving...so covering them was a quicker option.

radiators are fitted to the bottom of the engines and the floats are fitted in there closed positions, these took a while to get them to sit flush from all angles with some small plasticard shims under some points of each float to set them correctly and hold properly.....so both wings are essentially finished...

Attachments

• 87_Windows fitted_4007.jpg
    87_Windows fitted_4007.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 88_Window Curtains_4013.jpg
    88_Window Curtains_4013.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 72
  • 89_Window curtains_4014.jpg
    89_Window curtains_4014.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 65
  • 90_Engine Intakes_4010.jpg
    90_Engine Intakes_4010.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 91_wings done_4003.jpg
    91_wings done_4003.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 66
Looking sweet Wayne!

Notice you didn't follow all the unusual fuselage interior colour call outs of the Revell instructions. I would say the RLM 02 would be the correct colour aswell, so what d'ya reckon they based theirs on?

I like the curtains honey :) All is looking really good Wayne :thumbright:

Like every bit of it Wayne and the lighter interior should help to make some of it visible. Maybe a bit of lighting, fibre optics, plenty room in the fuselage for a battery!!
b0227.gif

Looking sweet Wayne! Notice you didn't follow all the unusual fuselage interior colour call outs of the Revell instructions. I would say the RLM 02 would be the correct colour as well, so what d'ya reckon they based theirs on?

Well from what I could figure 02 and 66 were the most obvious and close to there callouts but I do wonder sometimes where some info comes from...

I like the curtains honey :) All is looking really good Wayne :thumbright:

Thanks Darling..:D

Wayne, you are modeling it in flight?

Floats up man, easier and just a bit less work...How I 'sit' it for display....remains to be seen....

Thanks For stopping by fellas...pics real soon....fuselage is now glued together...sanding and panel lines next...

Like every bit of it Wayne and the lighter interior should help to make some of it visible. Maybe a bit of lighting, fibre optics, plenty room in the fuselage for a battery!!
b0227.gif

Cheers Vic, hadn't really thought about the lighting...fuselage all closed up now...so will just keep moving along....have to create a snug fit for the upper cover to the fuselage decking but still make it removeable, will see how my plan works out.....want to get some paint on this beast...

Attachments

• 92_Fuselage Assembled_4024.jpg
    92_Fuselage Assembled_4024.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 93_Upper deck Insert_4030.jpg
    93_Upper deck Insert_4030.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 71
  • 94_Decking Insert_4028.jpg
    94_Decking Insert_4028.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 75
Boo....Hiss.... All that beautiful work done on the flight engineers compt. and it gets hidden. Oh well, at least we know, "it's in there" !

Going to look good with some paint splashed on.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back