**** DONE: 1/72 BV222 Wiking Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WW II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Wayne been out of touch for the last two weeks, those magnets were/are a really fantastic touch. I've got several rare earth magnets around (they'll actually pick up a dollar bill) Going to try breaking up one into small pieces. A small chip on either side of a panel should hold it in place...maybe. Really great idea

We have some rare earth magnets at work and man are they powerful! About the size of a children's aspirin and it will move a paperclip through the thickness of your forearm! Amazing!

The neomidiums have a field strength of 8,000 gauss or so and a 2in (5cm) can easily pull over 200lbs (100kg). They also strongly resist demag so a hammer strike should not cause any problems. I think the biggest problem will be getting the small chips apart

The neomidiums have a field strength of 8,000 gauss or so and a 2in (5cm) can easily pull over 200lbs (100kg). They also strongly resist demag so a hammer strike should not cause any problems. I think the biggest problem will be getting the small chips apart. A 1.5mm x 1.5mm x 1.5mm can pull 0.14lbs (308g)

While i have been pretty busy at work I have managed some progress....Nose is on the fuselage now and been masking the windows, but I left my camera at work....so you will have to wait a day....sorry.

sorry guys...here are some pics...finally...

Nose assembled and fitted to main fuselage and masking done on the windows...

Attachments

• 105_Nose section_4095.jpg
    105_Nose section_4095.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 106_Instrument Panel_4102.jpg
    106_Instrument Panel_4102.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 106_Fuselage Masked-Nose on_4110.jpg
    106_Fuselage Masked-Nose on_4110.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 107_masks and nose on_4113.jpg
    107_masks and nose on_4113.jpg