**** DONE: 1/72 BV222 Wiking Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WW II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work on the panel lines Wayne and never thought of gluing a strip to help with the gap.Geo

Thanks guys, while it was a good idea at the time George, I have since removed it and cut open the join line again as the engine section was not going to fit as well as I thought it would, will explain later....

cheers Bill...

Ok I removed the small reinforcing support piece and cut open the front face of the wing again...so it spread apart...again, the reason i did this was once i dry fitted the engine section I was left with some gaps under them that would be a pain to align or fix, once the main wing was "sprung" outward again the fit was much better.
You will see what I mean from the following pics as to the gaps...

Attachments

• 20_Engine Fit-Gap_3590.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 21_Engine fit-Gap_3594.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Holy guacamole Wayne my boy that is one big mother, you booked your room down at the local panel beaters for a spray job yet!

Nice star mate.

It sure is a big mother Vic....and will need some serious painting time on her too...

Ok missed yesterday here are those "No gaps" nacelles all fixed up....wing is pretty much done, only a few touchups required...

Attachments

• 22_Engine Nacelle fit_3707.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 23_Engine Nacelle fit_3708.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 24_Wing Assy_3716.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 25_Wing Assy_3714.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 85
It sure is a big mother Vic....and will need some serious painting time on her too...

Ok missed yesterday here are those "No gaps" nacelles all fixed up....wing is pretty much done, only a few touchups required...

Geeus!! that is big.

Oh yea. Nice work on the gaps.

Well it's not really gap filling guys, when I first glued the wings and did the fit I got the gap, The wing must have flattened the curvature of the wing slightly to create the gap, when I recut the glue join open along the front edge I must have 'sprung' the curvature back as the gap reduced somewhat. So i then glued the bottom square sections of the nacelles to the wing first and then did the top....no filling required at all....

Today I started prepping the engine components and discovered all the front cowl sections all had a thin piece missing, broken off each one, a quick search in the box revealed only 2 pieces, so it looks like i will have to make up the rest to attach the cowling panels to...

Attachments

• 26_Engine components_3719.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 86
  • 27_Cowling Panels_3721.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 28_Front Cowling_3723.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 29_Engine instruction_3725.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread