**** DONE: 1/72 BV222 Wiking Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WW II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That was a lucky break with those gaps Wayne and I'm sure you'll find fixing the engine cowls no problem. Question though, are you going all out with this build or just the usual (by your standards) build. My mind goes back to your 88

That was a lucky break with those gaps Wayne and I'm sure you'll find fixing the engine cowls no problem. Question though, are you going all out with this build or just the usual (by your standards) build. My mind goes back to your 88

The good thing was i dry fitted the parts before glueing the wings together so i knew the fit was good to start with....after I glued the wings and clamped them it was then I had the gap problem, so i just reversed the process and problem solved!
Extra work will depend on time frame of build Vic, and just what is worth doing....my initial thinking is there may not be much extra stuff to do...will see as i go along...

Ok started assembling the first engine cowl including drilling out the small exhaust outlets....and a test fit to the wing, as you can see in the last shots the missing broken part becomes rather obvious...easy fix though will grab some 1.5mm plastic strip tomorrow on the way to lacrosse and sort it out real quick...!
Only 5 more to do!

Thanks for stopping by Guys...

Attachments

• 30_Exhaust Ring_3727.jpg
    30_Exhaust Ring_3727.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 31_Exhaust sections_3730.jpg
    31_Exhaust sections_3730.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 32_Exhaust Sections_3729.jpg
    32_Exhaust Sections_3729.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 82