**** DONE: 1/72 Junkers Ju88C-6 - Winter War / Eastern War WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CommanderBounds

Airman 1st Class
Jan 5, 2013
Salem, AL
Username: CommanderBounds
First name: Sam
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Hobby Boss
Model Type: Junkers Ju 88C-6
Addons: None. Just scratchbuilding.

This is my first GB and I will be doing a weathered F1+XM Based in Taganrog,Ukraine 1942. I use a hairbrush so it will not be so good of a finish but any accidents only add to the effect on this one(considering the real paintwork done with a mop!) I'd like to thank all those who gave me the references so that I may have an accurate model! I also would like to become a better modeller so throw all your constructive criticism,tips,ideas,etc at me! :D

junker.PNG

junkers.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! I have spare pilots I want to put in this one (the cockpit is quite barren in this kit) but I can't find any Luftwaffe pilot reference for winter uniforms. Anybody have some reference or information about this? Also I won't start the kit until the 14th because I don't have my Tamiya liquid cement so it's a no go until then.

Thanks Wurger and imalko! Luckily I have already painted the grey on them so now I just need to paint the details on them.

Unfortunately I have lost my MicroSD card for my Camera so all my progress pictures are gone (I'm already more than 75% done) so I will just leave the GB because it just kinda defeats the purpose to do a build and leave out way too many pics. Also I have no connector port on my camera because, Uh I actually don't know why... but it stinks to have this happen. Well I'll just wait and see what else I can build and also just in cause you ask I did alot of the build on the first day and afterwards we went out to look at Display Houses and that's where I lost it (I think?) Sorry guys!

That really sucks Sam. I have a 1/72 Ju-87 at home. I don't know why I do as I am strictly 1/48. I get home on Wednesday, I'll make sure everything is there and pop it off to you. I think I still have your address in the PM you sent me.

Geo

I agree Crimea and Fubar I'm looking at the HobbyBoss 1/72 Junkers Ju 87G-1 with these two marking options Ju87G-1,10 (pz)/SG 1, Dubno, Ukraine, June 1944
Ju87G-1,10 (pz)/SG 3, Jakobstadt,Lithuania,July 1944 and I was wondering if one or both are suitable for the build? If that fails than I'll accept your Stuka (which might I ask who makes it?)

I'm not really sure what make it is Sam, Airfix I think. As I mentioned earlier, I won't get out of camp until Wednesday morning but as soon as I get in, I'll check to make sure everything is there and ship it out. Wrong scale for me so it's yours.

Geo

Well luckily my brother's phone has a camera so I got two pictures of the current status of the model and Fubar, only send the Stuka if the shipping is not too bad. I'll have to send you a model one day (1/48 of course!)
DSC01934.JPG
DSC01935.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back