**** DONE: 1/72 Pe-8 AM-35A "4 red" - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
username: destrozas
name: sergio
category: intermediate
kit: zvezda 7264 Pe-8 Nº 42088
scale: 1/72
accesories: none

pe8box.jpg

history:

Crew:
1st pilot S.Sugak
co-pilot Ugryumov
navigator Ikonnikov
assistant of navigator Belous
flight engineer Pridius
assistant of flight engineer Kutushin
radio operator Shcherbov
gunners Pisarenko Smagliyev, Tomko and rear gunner Gurin

That was Pe-8 with AM-35A engine (No. 42088, Red 4) of 746 APDD (long-range air regiment), in March 1943. The bomber was produced in 1942.
First pilot - A. Peregudov until April 1943, after - Hero of the USSR important Sugak.
Red 4 made ​​numerous bombing missions, Sugak conducted 39 sorties with this bomber, was damaged by fire on very strong AA Orel in July 1943 (however, Sugak drop all the bombs on the enemy airfield and destroyed), Danzig bombed in April 1943, Helsinki in February 1944, also made photo reconnaissance flights.
The bomber was shot down by German anti-aircraft fire on 29 July 1944 Onex-on not far from Minsk Borisov (left wing projectile fired) for photographic reconnaissance flight, the 11 rescued and could reach Soviet positions.

I centrare in the bombing of the railway junction of Orel, where he was seriously injured, tube to make a forced landing and friends came to the lines and repair the plane.
why the center it in this mission is the important of it, the railway junction was taken out of service completely. After this bombing German convoys could only reach Orel surrounding area through the use of methods, built especially for engineering brigade. This road had little traffic capacity, and could not be compared with a large railway junction like Orel. The supply German troops had weakened, which undoubtedly helped liberate the city of Oriol more briefly, on August 5, 1943. was released two FAB-5000 and FAB-2000 about 10 (pump that will place), A Profile of the plane:

1_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
affordable capt.vick see if I came for free, someone lost, you drive elapsed lost and within two months the police called me if I wanted because nobody big a claim ....... bit, well is something more or less like this:
length 32.77cm
size 54.31cm
height 8.61 cm
close to a b-29.

vic, I'm surprised you did not know him, I'm addicted to aircraft rarely seen or never seen it seems, previously made ​​another kit in the same house in the same plane but in its transport version was the one who used Stalin and Molotov for their travel and if you add that I had a store on ebay for modeling ...., here the eastern european companies can be found easily and often at a good price.

Now theres a kit I have never seen :)

they already have a notion of Russian aviation fighters than little is known since almost no weight in the war tube (at least on the Russian side), the secrecy that existed with that of red madness and general distrust

thank you very much...

we started the project, according to the instructions inside brand goes from model master 1730 color other colors I have and if anyone AKAN not know them as they are? I'm interested to have references from them as they are and how they behave.

After searching and searching the internet I found a page that says that the color he used was the A14, similar to FS 26293, the book blends the color mixing I have get h53 neutral gray + white h1 at a rate of 12-1 and color made.
paint which is to be painted and begin the assembly.

cockpit

IMG_0418_zps9a9cb647.jpg

IMG_0419_zps82759e8a.jpg

IMG_0420_zps34d691fd.jpg

IMG_0421_zps0ec78c01.jpg

IMG_0423_zps90edce24.jpg

In the last picture you can see the door that is to cut the fuselage as it is not marked on the outside and gives the option to keep it open with the process scribber bag drills and to remove, do the same with the parties to be out, so you see the mold TB7 is a modification of the same brand, so go for the moment:

IMG_0422_zps605c69c8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back