**** DONE: Bf 109 "white 12" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The exhaust staining doesn't look too bad Kevin. I presume you mean that 'blotch' further to the rear? I had to look close to spot it, so it'll pass.
It might be the lighting, but the wing upper surfaces appear to be in 74/75 , which I thought were still 71/02, but I might have missed something along the way !
Whatever colour, it looks bl**dy good !
EDIT: Missed the last pic. Although near the end of the Battle, drop tanks were available, they weren't used, so for a BoB period machine, you'd need to remove it.
It's one of the puzzles which a number of Luftwaffe pilots have commented about in the past - if they'd had the drop tanks earlier, it would have made a big difference to their effectiveness, instead of making them practice with concrete bombs before undertaking 'hit and run' bombing missions.

Last edited:
Thanks Terry yea I did not think of that about the tank and if I am not mistaken goes right back to board on the IP that some other builder on this site made the mistake of placing who was that :-k.Anyway it is 02/71 just probably the lligthing sun was going down and in the shade at the moment.It hit the wing and a spot right behind the pit on the fuse.I will fix it later this week, I started laying the deck on the 1/350 Graf Spee from Academy tonight as a diversion and got the gear on the MKIX.Cheers

Thks Jason even then it was a bit shady in good light the lines and shading fade alot.I took the liberty and just order a new AB a Badger Renegade and some new parts for the 175 Cresendo.I went with the Renegade for one Dan likes it alot and two it incorporates some of the same parts as the Sotor 20/20 supposably and thats a nice AB I hear.I did finally Terry get the staining done and it was my fault.When I had cleaned the AB earlier that day I had impeded the p/u tube in some manner to were it was all or nothing.Cheers

.I went with the Renegade for one Dan likes it alot and two it incorporates some of the same parts as the Sotor 20/20 supposably and thats a nice AB I hear.

Kevin if the Renegade is anything like the Sotor 20/20 you'll love it! I bought one a few years ago and its wonderful for very fine work, and is very easy to clean. Very similar to the badger 100G but all he parts are smaller...and much more expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back