**** DONE: Bf109F-2/U 'Special' - Adolf Galland - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IIRC, Galland used these modified '109s long before America entered the war. He always thought the early '109 after the 'Emil' were under-gunned. The wing did not lend itself to heavy armament built inside the structure, hence one of the reasons cannon gondolas were later hung below the wing. Remember that the 'F' wing was a different, lighter structure to the earlier 'E' series, and suffered some failures in the early days.

Bit more couple of things added to the cockpit, seat is not glued in yet.

Attachments

• Galland_ Cockpit Assembly_6040.JPG
    Galland_ Cockpit Assembly_6040.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Galland_Cockpit Assembly_6042.JPG
    Galland_Cockpit Assembly_6042.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 317
  • Galland_Cockpit  Seat_6045.JPG
    Galland_Cockpit Seat_6045.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 280
I'm sure there will be a couple of eyes rolled and a some chuckles at this question, but I've never built or researched any German aircraft. What is the wheel-looking device in the cockpit?

Trim control and emergency landing gear lowering wheel.(On the 'Emil' the trim wheel altered the incidence of the whole tailplane, not a separate tab as on the 'F').
Nice start Wayne.

painted the cockpit main parts....

Attachments

• Galland Cockpit Painting_6072.jpg
    Galland Cockpit Painting_6072.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Galland_Main Cockpit_6076.jpg
    Galland_Main Cockpit_6076.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 269
I'm sure there will be a couple of eyes rolled and a some chuckles at this question, but I've never built or researched any German aircraft. What is the wheel-looking device in the cockpit?

I thought it was to secure the hatch?! :)

Great start Wayne. Looks like we need to start a Galland gallery as a few members have done his crates on the forum.

Looking good so far Wayne, a rarer bird(s) that few know of... :)) Tis' a pity that if you choose to decal the guages, that they don't give you an additional instument panel without raised guage details increment marks on it - I always thought guages normally had flat or rounded glass, not lumpy markings - I'm not denergrating your efforts, more the kit companies trying to make you pay for 'improvement' parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back