**** DONE: Bf109F-2/U 'Special' - Adolf Galland - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Cory, removed the lower wing bulges from the sprues drilled the loxcation holes for a dry run on position...some of the hatches need to be filled and it appears i need to add shell ejection chutes too!

Attachments

• Gun Bulge_Port_6218.jpg
    Gun Bulge_Port_6218.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Gun Cover_Stbd_6217.jpg
    Gun Cover_Stbd_6217.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 208
started on the first shell ejection chute...scribed the rectangular section drilled some holes, a knife and file and it takes shape!

Attachments

• 17_Wing Ejection Port_6252.jpg
    17_Wing Ejection Port_6252.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Wing Ejector Port_6256.jpg
    Wing Ejector Port_6256.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Wing Ejector port_6260.jpg
    Wing Ejector port_6260.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 199
Likely slit the ejection port was not. This slit only for the MG-17. On the wing E3 - E7 with MG-FF, it is not used, cartridge-cases remain inside the wing.

Attachments

• gal.jpg
    gal.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 213
I have to agree with Wotan about location of the the MG-FF cannon blisters and lack of these ejection ports for the cartrige-cases. Here is a shot from Osprey book ( I think ) with pictures and diagrams of Galland's F-2/U wing. Source..... http://images.rcuniverse.com

Ge96731.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, Wojtek I didn't specifically want to go with the Squadron Signal detail you posted as this is very old and the couple of pics i have didn't give exact detail to confirm this stuff, I used the more recent Kagero profile stuff as a guide, even though this also didn't give me specifics, but did show the chutes. No reference mentions whether shell ejection ports were used or not used, so this really could go either way and I went with the probability of yes rather than no, even though the E series did not.

Thanks Wotan for clearing up 2 things for me, the blister which I will move further out AND the round Wheel wells, the pic I had was too dark to make out whether it was round or squared off....I in fact was trying to determine this very point today checking many photo's to figure out which was correct. 6711 has squared wells and 6714 has round wells. Many of the other F-2's I viewed had round, but not all!

Seeing I need to move the blister I will fill in the ejection port too...bugger! Will move the blister to just inside the rivet line.

By the way where does the video shot come from?

Thanks for the info guys, Wojtek I didn't specifically want to go with the Squadron Signal detail you posted as this is very old and the couple of pics i have didn't give exact detail to confirm this stuff

That's true My Bro... However the Wotan's collage contains the magnified part of the top right picture of the Ospray book. And I thought the publisher's rendition of the wing undersides at the MG FF area might have been quite correct. Although the shape of the blister is incorrect rather.
As far as ejection ports are concerned .... also it's true there is no proof of being them there seen in many pictures of the late Bf109E series. But taking the feeding system of the MG FF cannon into consideration these weren't needed rather. However the wing of the E series armed with cannons could be modified for the armament but still the one for MG17 installation with these chutes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back