**** DONE: Bf109F-2/U 'Special' - Adolf Galland - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have no idea if this aircraft had ejection chutes or not, but I wonder if the 'lighter' wing of the 'F' required the chutes ?
It might not have had the capability of 'storing' the spent cases? Just a thought.

I have no idea if this aircraft had ejection chutes or not, but I wonder if the 'lighter' wing of the 'F' required the chutes ?
It might not have had the capability of 'storing' the spent cases? Just a thought.

That's actually a pretty good assumption Terry, pity we don't have any actual confirmation either way.....

Thanks for the link stuff Wotan had seen it before, the shot depicts 6750 with 93 victories by the look of it.

That's actually a pretty good assumption Terry, pity we don't have any actual confirmation either way.....

In any case, they would be elsewhere, on the other hand

Attachments

• Gal2.jpg
    Gal2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 192
I'm gonna go with the ejection ports, figuring that this wing was not strengthened a whole lot more, to create an additional holding box and access hatch for the spent cartridges...so just need to mark the 'X' and start digging...:)

I figure that no one has got the bulge and ejection ports right on previous drawings, so going with Vladimir's observations and probability of what may have been from his perspective...sounds like a plan!

Only progress this week while I finish the 190 was to flat coat the instrument panel and then add a drop of gloss to each dial....

Attachments

• 18_Instrument Panel Flat Coat_6515.JPG
    18_Instrument Panel Flat Coat_6515.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 19_Instrument Panel Dials glossed_6521.JPG
    19_Instrument Panel Dials glossed_6521.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 132

Users who are viewing this thread

Back