**** DONE: Bf109F-2/U 'Special' - Adolf Galland - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with Terry. I was just musing over the video capture as well and it seems the darkened wheel well area looks bigger than I'd expect. I wonder if maybe they brought the chute through the nearby rib and then down through a notched wheel well opening?

I've stared at the images for ages...and yet I'm not sure one way or the other.....I've seen other blown up images of things where they can play tricks on the eyes from the distortion.....where things ARE what they appear and others that ARE NOT...I think with your photographic background you know exactly what I mean...Terry.
Think I will go with my logic....the alternate references have shown to be incorrect in any case...so I may just be closer to the truth!

Any way added some parts to the starboard cockpit wall and a lever to the port side, today.....

Attachments

• 23_Cockpit_port side_6627.JPG
    23_Cockpit_port side_6627.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 24_Cockpit_Stbd side after_6639.JPG
    24_Cockpit_Stbd side after_6639.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 24_Cockpit_Stbd side before_6646.jpg
    24_Cockpit_Stbd side before_6646.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 175
There's a real satisfaction in knowing that, in the absence of clear evidence, one has cobbled together the best information available to produce as realistic a model as possible. Good stuff Wayne.

It's tuff to learn the lesson "less is more"! In the case of the cockpit outfitting. One must look closely when examining your cockpits. Seems when we look at our own all them fat fittings just don't look right. But when You finish, using mostly kit parts, nothing looks that out of place or scale. Hard lessons to learn matey. Fantastic lessons in your builds.

Thanks Glenn....

Ok calling the pit finished with the addition of the control stick so I can get this moving along....

Attachments

• 25_Cockpit_Control Stick_6664.jpg
    25_Cockpit_Control Stick_6664.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 26_Cockpit-Control Stick_6663.jpg
    26_Cockpit-Control Stick_6663.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 27_Cockpit_Stbd Side Finished_6668.jpg
    27_Cockpit_Stbd Side Finished_6668.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 28_Cockpit_Port Side finished_6674.jpg
    28_Cockpit_Port Side finished_6674.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 153
Thankyou gentlemen! the cockpit and instrument panel fitted to the starboard side fuselage...

Attachments

• 29_Cockpit fitted-Stbd_6680.jpg
    29_Cockpit fitted-Stbd_6680.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 30_Cockpit fitted-Stbd_6684.jpg
    30_Cockpit fitted-Stbd_6684.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back