**** DONE Dornier Do-217 E-4 U5+XN 5.KG 2, Gilze-Rijen, 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
My 2nd entry...

Name: Harrison
Username:B-17engineer
Kit Manufacturer: Revell-Monogram
Scale: 1/48
Category: 3, beginner.
Extra's: Maybe seatbelts made from foil..

This kit has to be somewhat old since the decal sheet includes Swastika's.

I will not begin this till the P-40 is done and then this'll be my main focus since the Ju-87 is near done...

I WILL be going VERY slow with this because it is a nice kit. Depending what I get as an x-mas gift, this could be my last or second to last entry.... (Most likely last...)

Attachments

• 102_5757.JPG
    102_5757.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 102_5758.JPG
    102_5758.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 102_5759.JPG
    102_5759.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 102_5760.JPG
    102_5760.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one H. It might not be that old, as many companies still include swastikas, they just don't display them. Revell have just re-released this kit too.

Nice H! 8) look forwad to it

Kit's not old at all , maybe the molds are tho? most kits still have swastika's on the decal sheets ( thankfully) Its the boxart that's missing them nowadays

PC B.S

Thanks for ur interest guys. I am curious, I am having paint issues. The RLM 66 is drying with this crusty kind of look? It must be the paint because my black was fine.

Is it paint you've mixed H, or bought as RLM66? Enamel? Post a pic, a close-up if possible, as it depends what you mean by 'crusty'! If it looks like cracks across the drying, or dry surface, it could be that it hasn't been stirred long enough, to absorb the pigment, or it might well be 'off' and need replacing. It could be that it's been applied too heavily, but need to see a pic to have some idea.

Pic one: The weird paint.

Pic two: In comparison to the radio equipment,gauges etc.

BTW what color should the wiring be?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 102_5782.JPG
    102_5782.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 102_5783.JPG
    102_5783.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 256
Sorry H, the pics are out of focus and pixillating, so still can't tell. I also need to know if it is definitely enamel paint.Given that it is enamel, I think it might be possible that the surface painted was slightly greasy, maybe from mould-release fluid, or your fingers. Let it dry thoroughly, then lightly rub it down with fine grit paper, just to smooth it out, and re-paint it. Make sure you really stir the paint well, for as long as it takes to get rid of any thick fluid or lumps, and brush it on without being too heavy, ensuring it is well brushed-out.
The wiring would possibly be a redish brown colour, or light grey I would think.

OK. If it's cracking and not yet dry, it's almost certainly too thick. Only load the first third of the brush at most, and then only lightly. It's much easier to have to go back for more paint, than have it too heavy in the first place! If it's too heavy, there's nowhere for it to go apart from where you've put it, which means it'll sit there trying to dry in one thick lump. Result - crusty, cracky, tacky wacky!!

Harrison, I have a bottle of Modelmaster RLM 02 enamle and it is VERY thick. If your 66 is anything like this, I suggest you put a bit into a small container after you've thoroughy stirred it and add 10 to 20% thinner. Then try brushing it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back