**** DONE Dornier Do-217 E-4 U5+XN 5.KG 2, Gilze-Rijen, 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For joints? If so for the wing leading edge, I just masked as closely to the hole as possible and smeared the putty. The wing roots, were giving me SOOOOOOOO much trouble so I used superglue.

After the putty I just used a Q-tip dipped in Nail polish remover and it went well :)

And thanks :D

It is better to use an old scalpel or a knifer blade.Also you can use a toothpic. Personally I use a few tools that are used by dentists such like in the pic below.

Good tools is half the work!

You can get some on-line from Hannant's! Look under the section titled 'Items often requested but impossible to supply'!!
I think it's the time of year H - Jan's suffering from inertia, I can't get my act together to finish the bits for the Boston - ah well!

Oh my god.... 4 hours today just to get the engines. The one engine used lots of Ca glue the other lots of putty...

Not the best results but whatever.

Attachments

• 102_5920.JPG
    102_5920.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 102_5921.JPG
    102_5921.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 76
  • 102_5922.JPG
    102_5922.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 82
Good effort Harrison! 4 hours? What went wrong? Looks like you did an fine job filling some big gaps.

Those fan blades look like they're sticking out a bit too far. Did you put them in correctly? I would have thought they would be inside the nacelle.

Don't worry Andy and Alex....still yet to add one more part which extends the engine nacelles.

4 hours because the area to attatch the engines was too shallow for them so it was A LOT of dry fitting before I figured it out then I had to find a way to get the sanding down quickly.

Then when I finally got it the sides were too wide so I had to sand those down. Anyways, more sanding today.

I can start getting the landing gear down once I get more RLM 66 after X-mas...

In the meantime I'll just paint everything non-grey hehe

Don't worry Andy and Alex....still yet to add one more part which extends the engine nacelles.

4 hours because the area to attatch the engines was too shallow for them so it was A LOT of dry fitting before I figured it out then I had to find a way to get the sanding down quickly.

Then when I finally got it the sides were too wide so I had to sand those down. Anyways, more sanding today.

I see. Carry on then!

Ok. Painted tires and part for rear landing gears. When those dry later I'll do some filling and attach them.

A question.... what color should the inner circle, be on the tires.? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back