**** DONE Dornier Do-217 E-4 U5+XN 5.KG 2, Gilze-Rijen, 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most LW planes I've done had a very dark grey or even black wheel hub. Don't know about the Do-17 but a quick look at references and a careful comparison of the tire shade could confrir that.

That would work, but IMHO, the gloss balck would have lasted as long as the first ferry flight. Dust on landings and take-offs would have dulled the finish right away.

You can put the Future on the flat black to go with a new look or go with the flat black and some lightly dry-brushed brown or dust colour for the used look.

You can put the Future on the flat black to go with a new look or go with the flat black and some lightly dry-brushed brown or dust colour for the used look.

Or try a semi-gloss black for a slightly less polished look.

I usually use the Gunze Sanyo tire black on the tires with semi gloss black or the underside camo color on the wheels. Then you can add a wash or dry brush them to dirty them up a bit if you wish.

Harrison, just give a thin, quick coat of Future, with a brush. When it's dry, it should be semi-matt. Then, dry-brush it with a 'dusty' colour, very lightly. A mid grey will work well, and you just want to give a hint of dulling it down and making it look used. Takes seconds!

After run to LHS for some much needed basic colors (Black, white, Olive Drab, RLM 66, Brown, tape and thinner) I should get back on this and finish landing gear, rear one atleast.

OK. I am back in the saddle. Rear landing gear is on... just need the doors to dry then can go on with main landing gear :D

Ok will finish ALL landing gear tonight. I just need a bit of a break.

Attachments

• 102_5946.JPG
    102_5946.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 65
There are still some MINOR fillings, removing of glue, and stuff to occur , but here it is as of now. With this out of the way it,s clear sailing....

I know the glue and stuff.... but I am super pleased with the progress.

Attachments

• 102_5947.JPG
    102_5947.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 102_5948.JPG
    102_5948.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 102_5949.JPG
    102_5949.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back