Done : Fw190A-6 1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl, White-5 Oct,1943 Gruppe Build (3 Viewers)

muller

Tech Sergeant
1,511
0
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Location
Hibernia
As per Gruppenführer Airframe's request :)

Hasegawa 1/48 FW190A0-6.

hi-PI00000097933.jpg


Still waiting for it to come in the post. I plan to start it as soon as my Corsair is finished, hopefully before the end of january.
 
Muller:

R. Hübl's A-6 has werke nummer : 550 490, the prop is not white with a black stripe as the box art suggests.

2/3rds of the prop is black from the engine cowling forward while the remainder to the tip is white
 
Thanks M, got you on the list now! What Category by the way?
Nice info Erich, you really are a great help to this Group, thanks!
Terry.
 
True Terry, many times I wonder what we'd do without people like Erich, yourself and others around here, they're priceless gems to this forum....
 
Cheers Erich, i won't have to worry about that fiddly decal now :thumbright:

Can't wait to start building it :)
 
I read somewhere the checkered nose markings in JG1 were done away with when checker nosed P-47's started appearing in the skies in early 1944.
 
the checkered and later the striped cowlings were a dead give-away that they were from the Brunswick area.................."Brunswick Boys" as the US called them for short term. yes by spring of 44 and the ghastly loses JG 1 got smart and removed the colourful markings
 
Cheers fellas :) Two pages already on this thread and i haven't even got the kit! :lol:
 
Gives you plenty of time to sort out colour scheme drawings etc!
I have some pics of another kite in similar markings, I believe, if it would help M?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back