**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed... the kit part looks better. Should be more than acceptable with a wash.

Hoping so John. Painting and gluing the parts in between Canadian Jr. goals. In the meantime I've press fit the butterfly flap to the intake utilizing the world famous Walmsey & Associates 2006 wallet calendar for the part. Once again, feel free to crank call these idiots

IMG_0002.JPG

Lower intakes are glued on and resting. I also attached the Eduards seat belt system unique to Italian aircraft with the chain tie downs.

IMG_0002.JPG

Also note my first attempt at bored out canon barrels, no thanks to you guys......damn you all to heck. I also drilled a hole in the mast and vertical stab to accept the antenna

Last edited:
Merci. So I painstakingly painted the grill, trying to leave as much green as possible even though it won't be seen...

IMG_0002.JPG

...when I found this...

Capture.JPG

I also found this...

Capture1.JPG

...which is nothing like what Hasegawa/Italeri would like you to do with Part B10...

IMG_0004.JPG

Simply a matter of filling the fuselage hole and then drilling holes in the tub and inserting some wire or stretched sprue.. The above photos also confirm what I read on the Stormo site, that everything was painted the same as the underside camo, wheel-wells included though as in all cases, not every time. This has also saved me the problem of how I was going to mask the tub

Nice work Geo. Fortunately Eduard got the radiator details right on my 202 build and have provided PE parts - will post pics soon...

Many thanks. 5 pieces away from paint and I hit a snag. The antenna is short shot, part #1. This could have been worse, it could have been a different part with a more complex shape. I've cut out some plastic card into the basic shape and will beef up the bottom as bit and then do a final shaping. This mast is different than the one on the other build, more rounded so that's a plus.

IMG_0010.JPG

You could have my Folgore mast if you wanted Geo as the Serie II didn't have one. Don't know if it's the same. Although possibly a bit excessive sending a 1/48 antenna mast half way around the world!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back