**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 1 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hoping so John. Painting and gluing the parts in between Canadian Jr. goals. In the meantime I've press fit the butterfly flap to the intake utilizing the world famous Walmsey & Associates 2006 wallet calendar for the part. Once again, feel free to crank call these idiots

Lower intakes are glued on and resting. I also attached the Eduards seat belt system unique to Italian aircraft with the chain tie downs.

Also note my first attempt at bored out canon barrels, no thanks to you guys......damn you all to heck. I also drilled a hole in the mast and vertical stab to accept the antenna

Last edited:
Merci. So I painstakingly painted the grill, trying to leave as much green as possible even though it won't be seen...

...when I found this...

I also found this...

...which is nothing like what Hasegawa/Italeri would like you to do with Part B10...

Simply a matter of filling the fuselage hole and then drilling holes in the tub and inserting some wire or stretched sprue.. The above photos also confirm what I read on the Stormo site, that everything was painted the same as the underside camo, wheel-wells included though as in all cases, not every time. This has also saved me the problem of how I was going to mask the tub

Many thanks. 5 pieces away from paint and I hit a snag. The antenna is short shot, part #1. This could have been worse, it could have been a different part with a more complex shape. I've cut out some plastic card into the basic shape and will beef up the bottom as bit and then do a final shaping. This mast is different than the one on the other build, more rounded so that's a plus.

You could have my Folgore mast if you wanted Geo as the Serie II didn't have one. Don't know if it's the same. Although possibly a bit excessive sending a 1/48 antenna mast half way around the world!!

Users who are viewing this thread