**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 CR. 42 Falco - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's a great job so far, Andy.
All the information collected is very timely. The guys team is always motivation, information and support. :grouphuuug:
I think that every time I'm getting closer to putting my eyes on a biplane.

Es un agazajo ver tu trabajo.
Saludos compadre
:thumbup:

Great service from Maple Airbrush Supply. Ordered a new tip and needle for my Iwata on Wednesday and they arrived Friday. So Friday evening I sat down and started mottling the green. The brush behaved flawlessly until after about an hour of airbrushing and with about 5 mottles to go, I got a blast of paint that made a large spot on the trailing edge of the port wing. I made the mistake of adding a retarder late in the session that messed up the paint so I won't do that again.

18110301.jpg

These mottles were shot at 8 - 10psi with 20% Tamiya XF-27 Black Green to 80% Tamiya thinner.

The error was easily fixed by loading a bit of XF-59 Desert Yellow in the brush and reducing the size of the blob to make it look like the others. While I was at it, I touched up a couple more spots of green that had a bit of overspray and then got on with painting the Brown mottles tonight. The same paint ratio was used and I used Tamiya XF-9 Hull Red for the colour. The paint went on beautifully and I'm quite happy with the result. The brown mottles and the green on the wing below represent a solid 2 hours of airbrushing and I ran out of steam at this point.

18110302.jpg

I will finish off the brown on the upper wing tomorrow if I get a chance and post an update when that's done. Thanks once again for your interest.

Top wing is now complete and the circular masks removed. I had started spraying the desert yellow when I realized I forgot to cover the previously sprayed white with the circular masks. That's why the far circle looks a bit grimy.

18110401.jpg

And now a long process of masking starts as the struts all need to be painted a light grey. This is going to take a few days so I'll see you later!

18110402.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back