**** DONE: GB-51 1:48 Lockheed S-3B Viking - No Propellers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Still playing with the small bits. I want to get this all completed before I head back in tomorrow night so that I can paint when I get back. Another attachment point that drives me carazee. Right tight against the weapon mount

IMG_1522.JPG

A test drive shows that the pylons didn't fit nicely to the wing so some work will be required

Nice job on the build George. Also thanks for the tip with the clone tool. I have a smaller light box and always have that problem with the background.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Canopy masked and attached

IMG_1532.JPG

I was studying the photo on the front page to figure out where to attach the remaining antennae when I noticed a protruding hatch on the lower right fuselage. According to Lock-On, this is one of the compartments that houses some ECM equipment and is not included on the model but is on my aircraft

Untitled.jpg

So be it

IMG_1530.JPG

I'll let this setup, do the antennae and then throw paint at it

Thanks guys. Continuing to add what Italeri left off. This time the parts are there but not shown in the instructions. The pitots are also seen on the aircraft photo above. There are diagrams of the parts trees showing the pitot tubes and are numbered #20 but as shown below are actually #29

IMG_1554.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back