**** DONE: Hellcat Mk.II ,1839 Sqn FAA - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheers Terry/Wayne
decals are on, was not a lot of them, Eduard show you the placement of all the stencils but dont supply the decals for them ?????

Picture 282.jpg
Picture 279.jpg
Picture 280.jpg
Picture 281.jpg

Good stuff Karl, looks just great.

Glad you got it sorted Karl. Never tried Vallejo paints myself.

Andy the Vallejo paints are good and leave a nice smooth finish after spraying though I have found they do tend to dry quickly in the summer heat, particularly in the airbrush. I have also found that they are none too keen when masked, if not properly dry and I'm talking 24 hours, spots can peel off when the mask is removed.

Looks good Karl, but they provide the stencils, unless your kit didn't get them for some reason. I've got them on the one I built, and it was the same boxing.

thanks guys.

Cory you were right i have now found them hidden behind another set in the file i use to store all my decals !

Very nice looking model Rochie. With regards to the Vallejo paints. I bought some of their ModelAir brand and I'm still trying to get the nerve up to use them for my first ever foray into airbrushing. What air pressure did you use and did you dilute it at all? Thanks for any info.

Geo

sorry my friend i am a commited brush painter and use model colour range.

they go on very well apart from the mettalics but do come off the model very easy if knocked or scratched that maybe because i dont generally use a primer coat though

Very nice looking model Rochie. With regards to the Vallejo paints. I bought some of their ModelAir brand and I'm still trying to get the nerve up to use them for my first ever foray into airbrushing. What air pressure did you use and did you dilute it at all? Thanks for any info.

Geo

Geo, I usually have the airbrush at about 15 psi for Vallejo Air paints and depending on air temp may decide to add just a drop of Vallejo's own thinner particularly when it is hot and the paint has a tendency to congeal quickly.

what do you guys think about the tip of the prop hub, Eduard say all of the prop assembly is black but i cant help wondering if the tip might have been DSB like the rest of the airframe ????
your thoughts please

I looked through the Aero Detail book and again saw different colors.
View attachment 188649

Karl, the one photo of 145 that George posted appears to show some white on the spinner. I'll take a look for some more photos, but if I can't find anything, I'd either go with that or just black as every all of the photos I've found of this scheme have black hubs (I know it's the previous scheme).

large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back