Done : Major Tratt's Me410A-1/U2/R4: Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One slight setback: As I was trying to attach the antenna mast, it broke. So I had ro scratch-build a new one. No problem, just a long time to sand it and my fingerprints away. But its on and painted. Only thing left is the wire which will start tonight.

It's that bl**dy little 'sticky out bit' Gremlin at work Chris. They creep up when you're not looking and break things off as you work - little blighters!!

Too late.

The Superglue was too runny, ran down the antenna and onto the canopy where my finger was holding it and wham! Large finger smudge across the top of the canopy. Not real horrible but its noticable.

oh well.

But she is complete! Sunday is supposed to be sunny and nice so I'm gonna snap some pics and should be able to post later on Sunday!

That's a b*gger Chris! The superglue might come off with ammonia. I removed some from the canopy of my B26 by using 'T-Cut', the car-body colour restorer, then polished it with a soft cloth. Great result. It could be even better with a coat of 'Future', but I didn't bother.
Good to hear the '410's finished though, looking forward to the pics.

Might not be so bad. Going back over the thread and some pics in books I'm noticing that on some profiles, the top of the canopy where the antenna sits is solid - not glass. Now there is a faint line/mark for that on the canopy BUT... on photos of crates with canopys open, I don't see a solid plate?! This finger smudge that I did is right on the spot that would be painted but should it or shouldn't it?

Scratch that - its there. So I can cover up the mistake with paint! Doing that now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back