**** DONE: MiG-3 White 5 Alexander Pokryshkin Winter 1941/42 VVS/Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Probably I will upset you, but there is no data confirming such version of painting
This version of painting, as well as many other things, most likely imaginations of the painter

Sorry for my bad English

I realize there isn't much info in this MiG, but I'm going to do the best I can with what little I have on it and other MiG-3s of the time. And thanks for the article by the way.

I think the reason of the heavy weathering effect are the remains of the winter camo scheme.

Now that I looked at it again I agree with you Wojtek. I think I will just do it with normal weathering.

I cut the major parts off the sprue tonight and did some quick clean-up and a test fitting. Defiantly a limited run kit! The trailing edges off the wings and tail are very thick and will have to be thinned down some, the wheel wells are so thick the wings won't close up, and the fit of the joints is not exactly great. all in all it's no worse than I was expecting. On the plus side, it looks like the cockpit tub is going to fit in perfectly.

Last edited:
For some reason the pictures I downloaded with the last post didn't show up.
Here they are:

P2074209.JPG
P2074210.JPG
P2074212.JPG

Last edited:
I worked some on the MiG tonight.

Picture 1) The radiator of an Actual MIG-3 I found on the internet.
Picture 2) The kit part consisted of a plastic plate with no detail at all so I made up the grill with small pieces of aluminum cut from a beer can.
Pictures 3&4) The radiator after painting and installation in the wing.
Pictures 5&6) The wing and fuselage glued up.

mig-3_04_of_28.jpg
P2094216.JPG
P2094217.JPG
P2094218.JPG
P2094222.JPG
P2094223.JPG

Last edited:
It seems there was a double post. I have deleted that one.

Great choice Glenn. It may have been less then stellar as a fighter but there is something about the Mig 3 I like a lot. As a matter of fact it might be one of my top WW2 aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back