**** DONE: MiG-3 White 5 Alexander Pokryshkin Winter 1941/42 VVS/Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never enough is it Wayne! and you too Bill! :lol:
I forgot about the canopy, and its vacuformed, so I spent last night cutting it out and making it fit. Then dipped it in Future. I'll take pics tonight after work.

Looks like they got you out of bed early though Glenn...........
asleep-045.gif

Can't do 6 am any more.......... hate them vac canopies. We'll give you extra time for that.

I just realized, I'm the pot calling the kettle black. I really am working on mine. Doh

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know how to remove pictures. I put the pyramid pics on the right thread but could not take them off this one. Anyway……..

I think I remember how. if you go into edit mode then advanced edit mode, it will allow you to edit out the pictures you don't want. Great work on the plane Glenn. :)

I still can't get rid of those pyramid pics!

I didn't have time to work on it tonight, but I took a couple of quick pics of the work on the canopy that I did last night. The fit isn't perfect, but I can make it work.

P3284627.JPG
P3284628.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, I just did it so I will try to explain how to get rid of that Pyramid picture. 1st. on the bottom of that post you want to edit you will see an edit post button... click it perhaps once or twice until the edit screen is shown. 2nd. scroll down until you see the attached picture files. There is a button there that says manage attachments... click it. This will bring up the downloaded picture window and you will see all the downloaded picture boxes that are a part of that post. Go to the one that is the pyramid picture and put your cursor over it and on the upper right hand corner of that box a couple of small icons will show with one of them being red and having an X in it. Click the X and it will delete the picture from the post. Then click save and you're done. After clicking save you should be back on the thread and seeing the picture is no longer there. Hope that helps. :)

No problemo Glenn... Glad I could be of service. The only reason things were so much simpler then than now is we were younger and didn't care what it took to figure something out. It was fun then. :)

Don't worry Wayne. I was very confused about the whole thing too...... That's how it happened in the first place. :lol:

I don't think there are two for just in case I believe that there are two because they are both suppose to be used. I have a kit that has two vacuformed canopies and as I understand it, you cut the windows out of one of them leaving what would be the frame work of the windows and this is set over the one that is not cut out. The effect would be having recessed windows. The good thing about it is you can paint the window framework without having to do any masking at all. Just need to be very careful how you cut out those window. :)

I did some more today getting ready for paint.
Picture 1) The canopy glued on and some paint brushed on the test how well I faired in the seem at the windscreen.
Picture 2) I decided to drill out the gun ports on the top of the nose.
Picture 3) Masked and ready for the first application of paint.

P4024635.JPG
P4024634.JPG
P4014633.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back