**** DONE: Revell 1/32 Ju88A-5 4D + MR 7/KG30 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One day your going to admit to us all that this is not a model, but a the real thing hidden in a hanger somewhere in the Adelaide Hills, but in the meantime, I'll play along with it and that's a bl**dy awesome effort mate.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys....

Further work today...thinking process is over have now tackled the components within the Nose Glass section, actually worked out pretty good I must say...not perfect but I'm happy with the outcome.

Fitted the compass into the nose with a tiny spot of superglue on the brass rod, took first go!

Next up was the curtain rod in the top of the nose....thinking cap on... had a burnt out light bulb, so I broke the glass and removed the small spring element...you know the bit that provides the light! then I carefully fitted the tiny pieces over a small piece of stretched sprue cut to the right length, the element coil was very delicate and it broke up so I salvaged two short pieces for this task, and painted it black...wasn't easy!
Next I applied 2 pinhead sized tiny drops of PVA glue to the attachment points and carefully placed the rod in place with tweezers...slight nudge to align it and it was done!! Phew....

Step 3 the additional mounting strip was next, a thin strip of plastic card was cut to length, this was followed by cutting a small piece of brasstube....it's only about 1.5mm long...this was then superglued to the plastic strip and painted.once dry this was then attached via more pinhead sized drops of PVA glue.

So....it looks pretty much like the restored nose from Guttorms picture...close or not?

Attachments

• Nose_Compass fitted_1216.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Nose_Curtain Rail fitted_1220.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Nose_ Gun Bracket mount_1221.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Nose_Finished_1226.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3070aa.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 99

Users who are viewing this thread