**** DONE: Revell 1/48 P-40B RAF 112 Squadron in Egypt in 1941 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. Is the blue tape enough large to put the cut off peper letter on it? I mean the tape width.

So take the selfhealing mat and stick a piece of the blue tape to it. The high of the piece of the tape has to be a little big then the one of the piece of the paper with the A letter.Then put the A letter on the tape and stick it to the mat with two the yellow stripes of the Tamiya tape ( at the toip and bottom) . Show me then.

I don't really understand... but this is what I could make of it.

Attachments

• 102_5865.JPG
    102_5865.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 80
Excellent Harry. That's it. Now take your scalpel with sharp balde razor.( do you have one of curse). Then cut out the A letter. Cut as deep as you cross the tape under it as well. Start with the inner triangle in the letter then the top length, then the bottom of the middle bar , then these two bottom ones , then these inner edges down and at the end these longest two outer edges. Simply you have to get the A letter made of the tape.

Do you understand?

Looking good. But theright leg is too wider.And remove the unwanted piese at the bottom of the left leg. Stick it to the mat again and correct it .Both legs have to be of the same width.

OK. Good work.:)

Stick them to the mat again.. Pay your attention to clear surface of the mat.It is important that there aren't any dust, pieces of something etc.. Also the adhesives of the latter can't be dirty.That's way I wanted you to leave them on the mat.

I hope that flat.

Now you have to make a mixture of the Grey paint you used for painting those letters and a smalll amout of the white.Take some of the grey and put into a separate can for instance.Then add a drop of white and add some of the thinner.Mix it fully.The Grey should be a wee lighter as the tape is blue and a little dark.Then paint these stuck to the mat letters. How long is the drying time of the paints? Of course show me these painted letters stuck to the mat but not to your fingers..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back