***DONE: 1:48 Hobbycraft Hawker Hawker Hurricane MkIID RAF Egypt 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alex alot of it will dissappear once the flat is applied depending on how heavy the pastels is applied.The one thing is that you can always reapply over the flat with the pastels and they stick pretty good.By the way the crate is looking good :thumbleft: Cheers Kevin

Thanks guys! :)

I applied the testors flat cote and it worked really well. I had a minor freak moment just after I sprayed it (@ 2am) and thought the decals were being eaten. However this wasnt the case and all was well. Today I've re applied some pastels to get that dusty appearance again and worked on the exhaust staining and chipping. The cameras flash makes it look a lot lighter than it really is.

I spent the best part of an hour on the landing gear which was a major headache, sketchy instructions, dodgy locating pins and the wheels are quite to my liking. A bit disappointed with that.

Anyway just need to paint the pitot tube which I forgot about and exhausts at present. Then fit landing light covers, canopy, pitot tube and exhausts paint the yellow tips for the props and I'm done.

Heres a few shots from todays progress.

Cheers.

Attachments

• hurri1.jpg
    hurri1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 127
  • hurri2.jpg
    hurri2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 133
  • hurri3.jpg
    hurri3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 124