****DONE: 1/32nd scale Beaufighter VIF, 46 Sqn RAF, Egypt 1943 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Kevin and Dan. Shouldn't be too long now, I just need to get the base finished, and the final touches to the kite itself, then bingo!

Thanks guys. If I can get the figure and ladder etc done, the model should be finished and in place by Sunday - he said hopefully. The sooner I can move it to the 'model room' the better, it's taking up the best part of a table, and that's without the base!

Thanks Evan and Jamie.
I don't think I'm going to get the 'ground crew' figure and the work stand finished in time for the end of the GB. I'm not too happy with the pose of the figure at the moment, and I only have two 1/32nd scale figures left to work with at the moment - need to source some more suitable ones from somewhere, maybe the Airfix 'Multi-pose' U.S. Marines, the only ones they've re-released so far.
So, I'll get the base finished this week, and the Beaufighter set in place, with the cowlings removed and on the 'ground', so that I can add the finishing touches and photograph the completed model. I should have the finished pics very soon.

Thanks guys.
Daniel, thanks for the offer, but I need 'standing' figures, to carve and alter the pose to leaning, bending or whatever. The Airfix 'Multi-pose' figures, which I've had for years, are ideal, as they have separate trunks, arms and heads, and can be altered to adjust the pose quite easily, as well as being relatively easy to carve, or remove the uniforms detail etc.
There are loads of 1/35th scale figures which could be converted, but the scale difference is very noticeable. I'll get the figures done eventually, but I want to get the model finished for the deadline first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back