***DONE: 1:48 Hobbycraft Hawker Hawker Hurricane MkIID RAF Egypt 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Username: Heinz
First name: Alex
Category: 3
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Hobbycraft
Model Type: Hawker Hurricane MkII D
Details: BP 188, RAF No.6 Squadron, Egypt 1942
Decals: Kit provided - JV-Z

The kit instructions are a little hazey and confusing. Any info on desert rat 'tank buster' Hurricanes would be much appreciated.

I've included a profile I found and another one for reference. I didn't take the photo of the box as my camera isnt' working at present.

Cheers

Attachments

• hc_hurri-mk2-desertrat_48[1].jpg
    hc_hurri-mk2-desertrat_48[1].jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 541
  • hawker_hurricane_mk_iid[1].jpg
    hawker_hurricane_mk_iid[1].jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 370
  • HurriBuster[1].jpg
    HurriBuster[1].jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 435
Great choice Alex. Looking forward to your build.
Here are some materials about Mk IID which I was able to find on short notice. Hope this will help you a little. These are from Squadron-Signal Publication.

Attachments

• Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 072 - Hawker Hurricane_Page_38.jpg
    Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 072 - Hawker Hurricane_Page_38.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 605
  • Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 072 - Hawker Hurricane_Page_37.jpg
    Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 072 - Hawker Hurricane_Page_37.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 409
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 544
Cheers guys!

Thanks Igor thats great! :) Looks like I might need to add the blanking panels where the 20mms should be on the wings.

Also adding 2 holes for the 2 .303 browning tracer rounds for aiming as Igor's info points out.

Cheers.

Nice choice Alex. What's the kit like? I quite like Hobbycraft kits - a bit plain and simple, but nicely moulded, and was thinking of doing their MkIIC.

Terry its very clean and crisp if a little plain. Cockpit might get some attention, definately a great base if you wanted to really go nuts detail wise, nice solid plastic to cut panels out of etc...

Cheers

Thanks Alex. Sounds like their usual nice mouldings, although their canopies let them down, but I have one I moulded years ago. I might try to squeeze in a MkIIC if I get the Beau done - doubtful though!

Washed the parts and checked the wings fit, looks pretty sweet so far.

Also found some shots of the aircraft I'm modelling, looks like it will get a fairly heavy weathering job in the end.

Cheers.

Attachments

• HUR24[1].jpg
    HUR24[1].jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 457
  • hurricane[1].jpg
    hurricane[1].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 347
  • mon54_17b[1].jpg
    mon54_17b[1].jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Cheers guys, first thing on my to do list is getting rid of the wing bulges for the MIIc but not d. Hopefully I don't bugger the wings up too much... :shock:

Well I managed to sand off the wing bulges and polish up the wings last night. Amazed it came off with any detail being lost, though I was careful to mask around them. Sorry for the shoddy photo, camera is in a mood. :confused:

Cheers

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 293

Users who are viewing this thread

Back