***DONE: Hurricane Mk IIC of No. 351 (Yugoslav) Sqn RAF, Lybia 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Two more photos... model is now more less prepared to receive clear varnish before applying decals. I will use Humbrol Satin Cote for this purpose but I have one question... Should I apply the varnish on the clear parts (conopy) or not. I've never done it before and my fear is that conopy might become "blurred" or "foggy" (you know what I mean) if I apply varnish on it. Any suggestions? Note that on the photos posted conopy is not yet glued on the model.

Attachments

• 8_01.jpg
    8_01.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 8_02.jpg
    8_02.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 94
Undoubtedly don't cover the cockpit conopy with the varnish. You are right it get the foggy texture.That's way the cockpit conopy should have been masked with a masking tape for instance.

Thanks Wojtek and Terry for your advice regarding the clear coat. That was my opinion too but I thought I'll rather ask to be sure. Also thanks to everyone on your comments.

Looking good Igor. :)

Glad I read the comments about the clear coat! Almost forgot about masking off the underwing lights on the HS 126!

Today's update - decals and second clear coat applied. Just a few more finishing touches required and she'll be finished by tomorrow (just in time)...

Attachments

• 9_01.jpg
    9_01.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 9_02.jpg
    9_02.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 9_03.jpg
    9_03.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back