***DONE: Hurricane Mk IIC of No. 351 (Yugoslav) Sqn RAF, Lybia 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your comments guys and thank you Wojtek for additional explanation regarding the colors. I will remember that for future projects. I would like to build No. 352 (Y) Sqn Spitfire in 1/48 scale with desert camouflage scheme eventually.

No problem Mate.

Here is my old Spitfire Mk.IX of PFT as an example of painting with these Humbrol enamels.

Attachments

• spitfire Mk9 PFT_4.jpg
    spitfire Mk9 PFT_4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 138
  • spitfire Mk9 PFT_3.jpg
    spitfire Mk9 PFT_3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 146
  • spitfire Mk9 PFT_2.jpg
    spitfire Mk9 PFT_2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 133
  • spitfire Mk9 PFT_1.jpg
    spitfire Mk9 PFT_1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 130
Nice work on the painting Igor. You are right though, it doesn't look right in the tones! Wojtek is spot on for the paint numbers, Humbrol 29 is definitely the Dark Earth, where the one used looks more like the wine red/brown used in German vehicle camoflage. The Humbrol colour I recently bought for Mid Stone, and listed as such on the paint rack at the shop, was Humbrol 225. But as Wojtek pointed out, in smaller scale, all colours need to be made just a touch lighter. It should be easy enough to repaint though, and the original paint could well provide a nice weathering effect underneath.

Okay, I'm going tomorrow to Belgrade on other unrelated matter but I'll try to make it to the hobby shop and buy Humbrol 29 Dark Earth color. Not looking forward to the repainting of the model though because I've already started to paint conopy frames. And Hurricane conopy is heavily framed. (I knew I should go with the Spitfire on this GB. :lol: )

Last edited:
I keep my models in the glass-case that is a part of furniture in my flat. Tools and other useful things in a few boxes.

Looks good Igor but yea it looks brick red from here and blue to dark.Cheers Kevin

Well, I've repainted the appropriate areas of upper surfaces with Humbrol 29 (Dark Earth) color I've purchased few days ago and must say model looks much better now. I need to repaint the under surface with azure blue again but this time with little more lightened tone. New photos after that. :)

Okay, here we go again...:)
Here are few new photos of repainted model. This time colors are Dark Earth (HU 29), Mid Stone (HU 84) and Azure Blue (HU 157). Don't know how much is visible on photos but blue color is lightened a bit in comparison with earlier photos. Not large difference but it was quite evident when I was repainting the model...

Attachments

• 5_01.jpg
    5_01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 5_02.jpg
    5_02.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 5_03.jpg
    5_03.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 117
Definite difference in both the dark earth and azure blue. :) New color scheme looks much better at least to my eye. I'll defer to the spitfire experts for a definitive answer though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back