***DONE: Hurricane Mk IIC of No. 351 (Yugoslav) Sqn RAF, Lybia 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks to everyone for your comments and for taking interest.
I'm kinda concentrated on finishing my Wildcat model in PTO GB these days, so I still haven't started work on the Hurricane. Only thing I did so far was washing all the parts. According to the illustration and info on particular Hurricane which model I wish to build some parts of the kit like drop tanks or bombs will remain unused. Serious work on this model fallowed with appropriate progress photos will start hopefully soon...

Attachments

• Copy of 1_03.jpg
    Copy of 1_03.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Copy of 1_04.jpg
    Copy of 1_04.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 157
  • Copy of 1_05.jpg
    Copy of 1_05.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I agree, it looks like a very nice kit, as good as some 1/48th kits from what I can see. There's no rush Igor, as you've got four months, and the stuff I've sent will certainly help with the cockpit and detail work I think, so have a look at that before you start.

I didn't know the Yugoslav's in the RAF could mark their planes with their national insignia. Very cool interesting. Good luck with the build!

Terry, those PDF files you have sent me on CD (and which arrived today) contain some pretty great and interesting stuff. They will prove very useful. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I guess that now I have some reading to do before I start working on my Hurricane model...

Last edited:
Time for first few progress photos (finally), me thinks. Not much cockpit details in 1/72 scale I'm afraid. For instrument panel I used instrument decals provided with the kit...

Attachments

• 2_01.jpg
    2_01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 2_02.jpg
    2_02.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 2_03.jpg
    2_03.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 2_04.jpg
    2_04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Great work Igor, looking good. The cockpit will look fine in this scale, and the instrument panel looks the part, well done mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back