***DONE: Spitfire MK. IXc Flown by Lt. Hobaczewskis Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all

Further update, All the painting finished on internal parts which was not very detailed, as you can see by the pics. Will probebly finish the build today and paint it later in the week:oops:
airfix spit 3.jpg

airfix spit 4.jpg

airfix spit 5.jpg

Keith, if it's not too late, and if you can alter it, the throttle quadrant is upside down. That's the levers just forward of the entrance hatch. Also, it looks silver in the pic, but it should be black.
Are you sure you're going to finish the build today mate?! Seems a bit quick still.

Thanks for the comments guys

All fixed now, also the build is now finished and just the painting to go and the decals to go on.:oops:

quote " IT'S NOT THE WINNING. IT'S THE TAKEN PART, FOR THE ENJOYMENT :D:D:D "

Last edited:
Hi guys

Here are a couple of pics of the Airfix ( unpainted ) and the ICM ( painted but no decals :oops: )
I prefer the Airfix spit. Thats my preferance.:D

spit side by side 1.jpg

spit side by side 2.jpg

spit side by side 3.jpg

NIce work Keith. But I'm still with ICM kit. It is very nice one with many additions you have to buy additionally for other kits.

Looking good Keith. The Airfix kit does look rather good, I must admit, but I'm with Wojtek - I think the ICM kit has it, especially for thr detail parts such ass the engine etc. Got to say though, there are parts which look like they could have come from the same moulds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back