***DONE: 1:48 Hobbycraft Hawker Hawker Hurricane MkIID RAF Egypt 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers fellas.

Ah probably me Wojtek :lol: Thanks for the link!

I taped around the wing bulges and then used a heavy grade emery paper and then a very fine one to smooth it out. Then a quick polish. Some primer will tell how effect I was. I can't really feel if its rough, feels smooth mind you I'm a guitarist and after years of playing I have little feeling in my finger tips LOL

Cheers.

Painted the underside wings to see how my humbrol azure blue would go, safe to say it looks the right shade to me. Also started on the cockpit, assembled those big under wing guns and have the wheels ready to go. Only problem is I've mislaid my tin of interior cockpit green which is ridiculous as i use it quite a bit! :lol:

Ah well I'll post some shots when I get up as I've just got off work and its 2:43am as i write this.

Cheers.

Thanks Paul.

I've done a little on the cockpit which I'll post in the next few days when I get some time as work/study is taking the lead at the moment.

hey guys been really really busy but I've done a little on the Hurricane.

Attachments

• hurri1.jpg
    hurri1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 130
  • hurri2.jpg
    hurri2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 124
Cheers guys. Painted the details in the cockpit and the tyres as seen in the foreground. Had a bit of gip from the Humbrol Matt black seems it need over 24hours to dry. I bought a while back but apparently its one of the newer tins.

Ah! Another one has the dreaded Humbrol virus! I think someone at Hornby needs a good talking to, and also needs to start looking for a new factory to produce the paints if they want to use the Humbrol name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back