**** DONE: Revell 1/48 P-40B RAF 112 Squadron in Egypt in 1941 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The A and the Am461 yea. The Roundels and little tiny flag no.

The A and serial number aren't the same or as old as the shark mouth.

Last edited:
The serial number you can omit or apply.It is up to you only. What is the difference between these A letters?

Attachments

• 102_5854.JPG
    102_5854.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 102_5855.JPG
    102_5855.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 93
I see now. If these are newer declas you can try to appy one of the A letters. Put the letter into quite warm water for a while.
If it is scattered we will try another way.

I didn't see your post... I went ahead... mate the decals disingrated upon entering water..... :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• 102_5857.JPG
    102_5857.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 102_5859.JPG
    102_5859.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 47
A brush and Testors grey enamel. I was so infuriated with the disinigration that I just painted it... I hope you understand :(

I hate to say this but I have to finish this tonight. Tomorrow i can't be on :(

All that are left are doors, gear, and a window.

:D Well I evened them out as best I could One still looks like Sh!t the other is nice. Landing gear, window, doors whats next? :lol: :lol:

If I were you I would get a small piece of soft rag and soak it with the paint tinner.Then I would wash off these letters gently.

So OK. wash off these . Be careful of these fuselage roundels.Start removing these letters from their tops and go down and forward. Also you can use a thick brush but you have to soak it in the can with the thinner very often.It should be clean of the grey paint all time you wash off the new part of the letters.

We criss-crossed PMs. Looking good did you wash off both of them?

So OK. Now you have to move these fuselage roundels because these are put incorrectly. Use a thick brus for water applying on the top edge of the roundle decal.Then the next drop of water.Pay your attention to if the water is going under the decal.Use warm water.Apply the water as long as it can be possible to move the roundel with the brush bristle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back