**** DONE: Revell 1/72 Me 262B-1a/U1 of 10./NJG 11, Reinfeld, May 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well mates, you won't believe what happened... I was working on the panel lines on my model (and was rather pleased how it's turning out) when in one moment of not being careful I dropped the whole bloody thing on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead:

Needless to say underside antennas, pitot tube and both main landing gear legs broke off! After a lot of effort I managed to repair the landing gear and some of the other damage, but can't begin to tell you how annoyed (trying hard not to use some uglier word here) I am with the whole thing. I was on the brink of finishing this model and now... Ugh! One step forward, three steps back.
Think I'm gonna have to make a break with this one till I cool down a little bit...

My powers run far and wide.......recall the spinner stripe comment!

Seriously, terrible luck Igor. I do feel for you. Reminds me of when I dropped my Tamiya 109, broke the wings when I instinctively moved my legs togther to prevent it from falling to the floor and having it fall down anyway. Have a drink, and get back to it later. I'm sure it will work out fine.

My powers run far and wide.......recall the spinner stripe comment!

Touché! The force is strong within you Andy. Won't mess with you again. :lol:

Don't know even how it all happened. I tried to catch it (think I broke one landing gear leg when I did that), but it fell down anyway. Considering all, good thing there wasn't more damage (to my surprise the nose wheel stayed intact). Oh well, think I'm gonna have that drink now...

The most dangerous time is when you have all the little breakable bits on but still have to handle the thing! I can't tell you how many times I've messed things up at the last minute. I'm sure you'll work things out Igor, just step back to take a breather, then start again. Working on a model that has just annoyed the he!! out of you is the sure way to make things worse.

You are right Glenn... You know, I usually don't attach all those tiny bits and pieces (landing gear included) to a model until all "rough" handling in done (including panel lines work and decals placing). Don't know why I did otherwise with this project. It was disaster waiting to happen...

Okay, after a while I've resumed the work on this unfinished projects of mine. Here's a quick preview of the current state of the build. Hope to get it done soon, when more pictures will fallow.

Attachments

• SDC11687.JPG
    SDC11687.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 338
Thanks for your comments mates. Here are few photos of finished model. I'm not sure should I also set up the separate ****Finished thread for this one since this GB has already ended...?

Attachments

• 101.JPG
    101.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 102.JPG
    102.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back