Emergency, my cat is getting on my nerves

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
By Daily Telegraph Reporter 30 December 2009

Police preparing for a flood of 999 calls on New Year's Eve have asked the public only to dial the number in a genuine emergency. Greater Manchester Police disclosed yesterday that they had received emergency calls from a woman whose cat was annoying her and from a motorist who was too scared to move his car on an icy road.

Between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, the force received 1,377 calls, only a fraction of them were genuine emergencies. The owner of the cat could be heard slurring her words to the 999 operator and saying that her cat was playing with a ball of wool and it was 'doing her head in'. She said it was a serious emergency because it had 'been going on for two hours now'.

In another call, a motorist dialled 999 to say he was stuck on a patch of ice in a street in Bolton and was too scared to go forwards or backwards.

Supt Karan Lee said the force was expecting a high volume of 999 calls on New Year's Eve, their busiest night of the year.

*****Warning*****

STUPID PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE

Attachments

• stupid-people.jpg
    stupid-people.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 419
Personally I blame the Heath and Safety Executive before they started interfering all the stupid ones were killed off, now they
survive and then they breed.

I'm used to it. I once had a drunk (who lost her dog) bar-hop all night and at each new bar she would call Emg services and see if we found here dog yet. This went on for about 4 hours until I think she passed out somewhere.

I agree there should be fines for non-emergency calls. Might make someone think twice about a possible $1000 bill just because some fast-food resturant was out of french fries.

Aww...You guys are too hard on stupid people. Without them around to laugh at, the REALLY smart people would be laughing at us.

I don't know about you guys, but I already get enough of that from my wife...

JL

Well...you can point-n-laugh at 'em all ya' want, but it's all fun and games 'till someone gets thier eye put out...

Like the douchebag across the way shooting his gun into the air because of New Years...as soon as I'm done posting this, I'm gonna go over there and have a chat with him...

*Edit* Had a nice little conversation with my neighbor about firearm safety and shooting a weapon in the air (especially in town)...all in a basic language he could clearly understand.

It's probably going to be a while before he even thinks about picking up a weapon...

Attachments

• retardtj0pe82.jpg
    retardtj0pe82.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5,900
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back