Evan's photography phun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seeing Andy's shots he took with his phone got me to thinking about phone cameras. They have certainly come a long way. I recently upgraded my work phone to an iPhone 6 and the camera on it is pretty impressive, with some limitations. For macro shots, it is very impressive. for long shots with high contrast, not so much. But in the right environment and with the proper use of flash, the iPhone 6 camera really impresses. It will never replace my Nikons, but for quick shots and fun shooting, it works quite well. Here are some examples of shots taken with the iPhone6.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 82
Nice shots with the iphone!

I've scored some good ones, though landscapes tend to be "noisey". It seems to me that the phone's camera is better suited to "portait" style shots.

Yeah, I agree completely. I shot a few of some clouds over my town and the highlights were blown out. So for more close shots, it seems to do better. Like anything else photography related, if you know the limitations of what you are using, you can squeeze the best out of it.

Hit the first airshow of the season today. It started looking okay, and the skies grayed up and got bleaker as the morning progressed. The rain started at about 12:30 and that's when I had enough, especially after pulling up the doppler RADAR on my phone.

But I finally got to see an ME-108 fly for the first time in my life. More to come, but had to share this one.

Attachments

• EVG_5552.jpg
    EVG_5552.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 69
Beauty !
That's the sort of aircraft which would make a great, relatively affordable 'warbird' to visit airshows in. Saw one recently at Duxford, on the ground, but haven't seen one flying for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back