Favorite Bombers (1 Viewer)

the lancaster kicks ass said:
mine, of all time?? the lancaster :lol:


OH MY GOD I'M SO SHOCKED - AHHHHHHH! I THINK I'M HYPERVENTILATING!


:big16:
 
good choices........
 
de havilland mosquito xvi

a fantastic all round bomber.

2 stage merlin engines,bulged bomb bay and pressurised cockpit.

b.xvi 1200 of these were used for high level nuisance raids with 4000lb bombs.
 
Has to be the Mossie, closely followed by the Lanc
Postwar I'd say the Vulcan
 
i'm rather fond of the bear myself...........
 
WW2: B-17, B-29, B-36 Peacemaker (never got a chance to prove itself),
He-177 Grief (would have been better with redesigned engines).
Post WW2 and Modern: Flying Wing, Avro Vulcan, B-52 Stratofortress,
F-117 Nighthawk, B-2 Spirit, F-111 (okay not strictly a bomber but I
like it).

On the subject of the AH-64D Apache Longbow they do carry two AAMs on each side of the small weapons platform and 16 ASMs per side. Heaven help the opposition if someone ever converts all those hard-points to carry AAMs. Goodbye half the opposition airforce, especially if you hovered near the opposition airbase and took them out as they were taking off.
 
it looks ugly and stupid.......
 
the lancaster kicks ass said:
it looks ugly and stupid.......
I'm not going to hold anything against you Lanc, but you like WW2 French Bombers, so ultimately your view doesn't mean anything. The B-58 looks cool although the Vulcan looks even better!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back