Finally was able to register!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrumpyBadger

Airman
Oct 15, 2013
Arizona
www.pinterest.com
Hey all,

I'm really excited to be here.

First off, I've been doing quite a bit of heavy researching on WWII in the Pacific, particularly on the Guadalcanal Campaign and the Solomon Islands, particularly with the USMC 23MAG and Squadron VMSB-231. I just want to say, there has been a TON of stuff I've found just via google-fu that has directed me here. I've been trying to register with this group now for about a week, and I'm glad to see some of the "spam-bot protector questions" disappear as they were a little bit FUBAR for me. :oops:

Second, if anyone responding to this would like to help me out and track down threads on all this, and linking them here, it'd be great. I'll start using the search function ASAP though, so no worries either.

basically, I'm a vet of the US Coast Guard, and a fan of the US Marine Corps as a lot of my family are Marines as well. I enjoy warbirds, classic cars, looking to buy and restore a M35a2 truck for my ranch, horses, and moonlight strolls on the beach in Lake Havasu :lol::rolleyes:

anyway, just wanted to say hi before I jumped too far ahead as this is already my second poost. Oops.

fair winds and following seas,

Pat

umm,

does anyone that's a vet of the US Armed Forces not like bacon!?!
It's BACON!!!! "pork fat rules!"

as a whole, thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Indeed it's good to be here

I have a few noob questions for y'all that I haven't been able to find a concrete answer for, so I hope you'll bear with me:
1) how may I be able to join the modeler's group? Is there anything I have to do first? Right now I only have a P-38 but that's going to take a long time to work on since I'm trying to research the plane my Grandpa was associated with. But I'm wanting to get back into warbird modeling.
2) computer and console gaming - I see there's a couple sub-boards and threads. I'm wondering where I should post up about "Birds of Steel" and "Damage Inc." :D
3) I'm working on an impression of a USMC VSMB-231 Aviator during the Cactus Air Force days and thereafter. I'm wondering if people would like to see what I've come up with for my kit and the help I've gotten from others on different forums. I always like to have as many opinions as I can.

yep, that's about it

fair winds and following seas

Pat

Question 1.) You will see a little intro at the beginning of a build that has a User Name, real name, model, and scale. Each person joining a particular group build does one of these and then starts building and posting away.
Don't know about question 2, but you can probably start a new thread in that section of the forum so you can better keep track of it.
And for question 3, start a new thread in the Start to finish builds thread and have at it. Folks are very willing to help out and give ideas and advice.
Oh.........................and welcome to the asylum.

If you click the masthead, go down to the Modeling Section section, click on Start to Finish Builds and when it opens go to the top of the listing to Post New Thread and start your own new thread. Doing this the thread will always be in StoF catagory.

Below the Modeling section is Group Builds, you would do the same for a new thread in there. If you go here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/group-builds/new-generation-group-builds-2013-onwards-33203.html you will find a thread with a list of the GB schedule with start and finish dates. We are on GB19 now which ends Sunday Dec 1st, and so on. When you start a GB thread for a build just copy the start info from another entry, paste into your new entry post and edit with your own info. Then build away!!!

Hope this helps. Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back