Flyboys movie trailer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i'm always concerned about "here comes america to save the day", because most people over here believe films to be gospel and so will believe it all, prime example, the time you american captured the enigma machine in U-571, apparently that's exactily what happened :rolleyes: ........

You'll be glad to know Lanc that Tom Cruise is looking at making a movie about an American pilot in the Battle Of Britain, It's apparently going to be called "The Few" of all things.

as yes don't tell me, the proud and celebrated RAF are loosing the Battle by a long way, and there's even a scene where Churchill begins drafting out a ceasfire agreement with Hitler, but then, out of the kindness of their hearts, 3 americans arrive on our tiny island and join up with the RAF, they've seen planes flying back home and this seems to accelerate their training to one flight, in which Cruise looses engine power, and as if that wasn't enough he'd bounced by two -109s! so he glides around, and using his 20 training rpg manages to take them both down, before gliding the 50 miles back home for a perfect landing, as luck would have it he's a natural pilot!

but anyway, after he's given the Victoria Cross for his efforts, he meets a quite and reserved British postmaster's daughter, and they exchange lots of drawn out kisses and numerous lame lines, and she has to constantly remind him how greatful she is for his coming over here to save the day..........

but i digress, this is a war film after all, so onto the fighting, well it goes without saying that cruise becomes and ace in two sorties, single handedly fights back the luftwaffe after introducing his big wing and finger four formations, and is responsible for the change in tactics to the city bombing, he is so notorius amounst the jerries there's a price on his head, but alas, no one can ever shoot him down :( it also turns out that when Churchill and others refer to the few they don't mean all the British and other European forces that flew in the battle, he just means Tom Cruise... who'd have guessed it?

incidentally he later goes on to come up with the idea for a bouncing bomb, before telling his idea to Wallis, but that's for annother American re-make of a film....

i think they should do it about some Polish or Free French flyiers or some of the other groups that flew, as opposed to the 7 (i believe) american pilots, i mean we're all greatful to them, but let's not take it too far, there were other nationalities in the battle..........

Nice rants.
It would have been nice if the ruling class of misfit cousin's could've kept it together so there wouldn't have been WWI.
Oh, and the US was only involved in WWII for the PR aspects.
And... not everyone in the US likes Tom Cruise, even if he does have a P-51.
Chris...

Maybe he can get Katie Holmes to play his girlfriend. We are already used to seeing their kisses on the News.........

And maybe he can jump up and down in the cockpit to make the plane do dives, rolls, and climbs......

BTW there is/was a rumour of a Dambusters remake

yes there's been a lot of talk amoungst lancaster fans ;) all the odds are against it, for a number of reasons ranging from political correctness to the world cup, i've disscussed this before on the site..........

Actually I think David Frost has the rights to the Dambusters film so hopefully if they did remake it, it would be true to the real story, the main problem being a lack of Lancasters, so a lot of it will have to be 3D animation, so hopefully they don't go cheapskate on that as good 3D animation can look pretty damn good these days, but if they are cheap and cut corners it will look dire.

I believe the Memphis Belle was actually going to be about Lancasters as well until the producers realised that American WW2 equipment is so much cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

It's not like Americans are short of their own heroic situations though, someone could do a new movie on the flying tigers for example, now they really did save the day, or in this case parts of China, they are reasonably well known, exotic location, agressive looking aircraft with tiger mouths, even a 'general who plays by his own rules', perfect for a hollywood movie. Not to mention a ton of other great stories in the pacific theatre that they have ignored so far.

R988 said:
Not to mention a ton of other great stories in the pacific theatre that they have ignored so far.

Hell yeah, I'd give my left nut to see a movie about the Battle Of The Bismarck Sea or a movie about RAAF and USAAC pilots battling over New Guinea.

Wildcat said:
Hell yeah, I'd give my left nut to see a movie about the Battle Of The Bismarck Sea or a movie about RAAF and USAAC pilots battling over New Guinea.

Now lets not get too hasty. Someone may have a blunt rusty pair of scissors lying around.

Well that explains everything doesn't it.:D Too bad really. What is the world coming to when a man piercing his testicles with a pencil is more entertaining than an epic story of the world at war. "Give the people what they want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back