Flyboys movie trailer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's because a lot of the theaters discontinued showing them by opening more screens for the guardian. Which I didn't find out until yesterday and I was very ticked off. The fact that it was after I failed a math test didn't help my mood.

Off-topic/ However, the Guardian was good I have to say. God bless the boy's in the Coast Guard search and rescue. Nobody appreciates them until they save your butt when your fishing boat goes down in a category three storm.

I would rather watch a bunch of idiots injure and make absolute fools of themselves, than a movie made by a bunch of idiots and absolute fools. See, at least the "Jackass" lot admit they're a bunch of idiots. That Flyboys looks appalling, just because there are semi-decent flight scenes it doesn't make a good movie.

NEWS FLASH :: Wars aren't love stories with intermittent fighting.

Hey I would like to see a movie where Chris Tucker plays a Tuskegee Airman pilot who takes on 20-30 German planes (maybe even some Japanese plane for effect) Then some German paratroopers land on tuckers plane. Than Jackie Chan comes out of now where and takes them all out. Than he take the paratrooper's parachute and jumps down to the ground. Where a whole German battalion comes and gets destroyed by Jackie Chan.

Or how bout two USAF pilots a Male white New Yorker and a Female Cuban hottie take out 5 German aces in a day. Than afterwards have an epic sex scene as they're flying back to base where they're ambushed by Jap's and forced to ditch in the sea full of sharks and somehow make it to a deserted island. Where they are found by the navy in a cave playing tonsil hockey and having egg salad.

Hey I would like to see a movie where Chris Tucker plays a Tuskegee Airman pilot who takes on 20-30 German planes (maybe even some Japanese plane for effect) Then some German paratroopers land on tuckers plane. Than Jackie Chan comes out of now where and takes them all out. Than he take the paratrooper's parachute and jumps down to the ground. Where a whole German battalion comes and gets destroyed by Jackie Chan.

Or how bout two USAF pilots a Male white New Yorker and a Female Cuban hottie take out 5 German aces in a day. Than afterwards have an epic sex scene as they're flying back to base where they're ambushed by Jap's and forced to ditch in the sea full of sharks and somehow make it to a deserted island. Where they are found by the navy in a cave playing tonsil hockey and having egg salad.
Dude - you have an imagination alright!

I hope I'm not around you if I ever get slipped an LSD spiked drink - I would certainly die of a heat attack....:lol:

I drink a lot of Caffeine. Also, I know how to make fun of hollywood. When I go to a movie i do it for the Previews the movie music and to laugh at their hyped up historical inaccuracies involving war movies.

I don't let that kind of stuff put me down. The point of a movie is to entertain. There are some movies that are exception i.e. Passion of the Christ, Raptor Island (Not that it was meaning full, just that it is a piece of crap movie that should be against the law to even have on the shelves it's that bad.) FDR, Profoundly bad movies (much like raptor island, bad graphics, bad acting, total inept realism, making trained military men look like they could hit Michael Moore with fully loaded 50. cal if he was standing still.)

Otherwise, if you go to a movie and look for the flaws you're not going to enjoy the movie. I only made that stuff up because I know the most important part of a movie, entertainment. I Cancer that Flyboys does have some questionable parts, but come on Three American's walk into a bar full of French pilot's and are told that it's a place for killers. They than walk outside.

What was the point of the scene. To be dramatic maybe, but that's not what the bar scene in a war movie is suppose to have. Now instead one of the American's turns back and knocks the guys teeth out and Say's,"how's that killer." Now the crowd's cheering and laughing.

It may be overly done, it maybe historically inaccurate (No American talked like that yet.), but it hooked the crowd and got them interested. Which is the whole point of a movie.

I'm not saying that a movie should be hyped up so much that it changes the whole the whole war.
This movie is based on the Fighters of the 103rd, Lafayette Escadrille. The movie may have hyped it up making it look better than it did. However, this squadron was one of the finnest in the war. We can't forget that they were good. The part with the spad flying through the wreckage of the German observation balloon, but I highly doubt that that part was there for it's historical inaccuracy. If it was the guy flying it most likely would've did in the flaming inferno inside the balloon. It was a kick to keep the crowd interested. That's all. It's all good in fun.

At least that's what I want in a movie. Of this is all opinionated. You're all free to disagree with me if you wish.

That's what I keep telling myself everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back