Focke-Wulf and Messerschmitt GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I may try entering this one - no luck with the others so far! :rolleyes:

Started an Fw 190 run for the first ('Defence of the Reich') GB, then moved. Might continue that project if no-one objects.

I was looking at my stash the other day and found two more to add to the ten I already listed:

-Revelle Bf 110G-2 in 1/48th
-Revelle Me 410B-2 in 1/48th

But right now I'm leaning to the MPM FW 190 V1 in 1/72nd. At least for a first entry.

this one for definate with an Eduard kit in 1/48
may do a Bf109 G-10 of IV/Jg301 if i have time

Attachments

• Clipboard01a.jpg
    Clipboard01a.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 102
Yuk! Got to wipe all that drool off the screen now!
Might throw in something different, which I've been wanting to do for some time now. depends on other commitments though, so we'll see ........

Sorry Andy. Thats one I've been itching to build for a wile, and this GB could just be the thing to get me started on it.

Just been checking out the Me 262A-1a which is sold as a Nachtjäger. So far I have been unable to find a 262A-1a as a Nachtjäger and from my reading the true Nachtjäger's were initially modified 262A-1a's re designated 262B-1a/U with the fuselage being extended in front and behind the cockpit and the cockpit itself extended to seat two aircrew. This kit is all Me 262A-1a with original dimensions and cockpit. I could be wrong about my findings though and would welcome any input to correct me.

Luckily as a fallback I do have a second Dragon Me 262 as flown by Heinz Bär with EjG.2 (that would be in a Jan 13) or as a machine flown by JG.7.

Scince I have been building mostly Messerschmits lately I will be having a change and doing one or more of these
002-32.jpg

As far as I understand it the fuselage was not extended but modified in the rear to accept the additional cockpit.....sure I have something on this will check...

I agree with Wayne. The B's were built off of the A airframes with no extension, just modifications to the fuel tank arrangements and sheet metal to accomodate the second seat.

Thanks for the help Wayne and Andy.

I came across more info late last night and can surmise that the Dragon Me 262A-1a Nachtjäger is the single seat aircraft taken by Fritz Wendel and fitted with a Lichtenstein S.N.2 radar array on the nose cone. The success of these trials were encouraging and 3 Me 262B-1a airframes were fitted with the FuG 218 Neptun V radar and other H2S emission tracing radar. These 3 airframes were redesignated Me 262B-1a/U1 with the upper cannon removed and the lower cannon replaced by the long barreled MG151 20mm cannon. Further reserach revealed that it was the Me 262B-2a Nachtjäger that was to have an extended airframe before and aft of the cockpit, this was under development but was too late to go into full production.

So armed with that information, it's back to the original idea of the Dragon kit Me 262A-1a Nachtjäger. Soooooo Jan, your sacred Number 13 is safe for the time being.

S'okay mate and you would not believe what I came up with in today's investigations on this particular airframe, something possibly quite unique and an interesting subject for the GB.

So far I only know that I'll try to do two JG301 birds, one Dora-9 and one '109G-10, hopefully both 13's.....just trying to find a '109 to use as a model....

Last edited:
Done a rethink. Under consideration:

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 with Ta 152-type tail (Braunen 4, W.nr. 500647) as abandoned at Hustedt;
Messerschmitt Me 323E-2 (conversion of Italeri Me 323D); and/or
Messerschmitt P.1101, as found at time of capture.

First up Braunen 4 I think...

Done a rethink. Under consideration:

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 with Ta 152-type tail (Braunen 4, W.nr. 500647) as abandoned at Hustedt;
Messerschmitt Me 323E-2 (conversion of Italeri Me 323D); and/or
Messerschmitt P.1101, as found at time of capture.

First up Braunen 4 I think...

Broad Tail Dora...sounds like a brilliant idea! :thumbright: Will get around to mine some day!:)

Remember Evan there is a recent image that shows the correct style of the '4' to do this you will need the most recent Eagle Editions sheet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back