Focke-Wulf and Messerschmitt GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK all. Looks like the Me 410 will be posted soon. Any ideas for possible subjects?

Also, I'm considering another potential entry being the Ta 152 C. Apart from the protoype CI+XM which is the subject of the kit, current wisdom indicates the possibilty that a couple of these making it to Stab JG301. From Eagle Editions Decals description: "Ta 152 C-1/R31 Stab JG 301 W. Nr. Unknown April 1945 Welzow, Germany Luftwaffe Quartermeister Report dated 20 April 1945, shows two serviceable Ta 152 C-1/R31s on strength with Stab JG 301 stationed at Welzow. Unfortunately there are no known photos, but for the adventurous modeler, Green Stab numbers are provided for the modeler's choice. Standard Black chevrons were discouraged by JG 301's Kommodore Fritz Auffhammer". Can anyone (Erich?) shed any more light on this, without giving away book info of course! I think it would be neat to do a JG 301 bird if there's some factual data to back it up. And, BTW, what's the "R31" Rustsatz refer to?

OK all. Looks like the Me 410 will be posted soon. Any ideas for possible subjects?

Also, I'm considering another potential entry being the Ta 152 C. Apart from the protoype CI+XM which is the subject of the kit, current wisdom indicates the possibilty that a couple of these making it to Stab JG301. From Eagle Editions Decals description: "Ta 152 C-1/R31 Stab JG 301 W. Nr. Unknown April 1945 Welzow, Germany Luftwaffe Quartermeister Report dated 20 April 1945, shows two serviceable Ta 152 C-1/R31s on strength with Stab JG 301 stationed at Welzow. Unfortunately there are no known photos, but for the adventurous modeler, Green Stab numbers are provided for the modeler's choice. Standard Black chevrons were discouraged by JG 301's Kommodore Fritz Auffhammer". Can anyone (Erich?) shed any more light on this, without giving away book info of course! I think it would be neat to do a JG 301 bird if there's some factual data to back it up. And, BTW, what's the "R31" Rustsatz refer to?

R31 from Eagle Ed. book refers to Modification to address centre of Gravity concerns,Fuselage tank for MW50 was deleted and MW50 relocated to left wing inner and middle tanks, remaining wing tanks held the fuel.
EE quotes 600000 series W.Nr.s allocated to Mimetal-Erfurt based on allocation of known W.Nr. blocks.

Great stuff guys!

Cheers for the info Wayne, will google those markings and compare them with photos and the AML decal set I got.

And cheers for the encouragement Andy, would be something different wouldn't it? (Just so damn big I don't know where I'd put it! :) )

Evan

Not a problem Evan. Just get rid of the piano!

Jan, I'm reading thru Reschke's Wilde Sau book and will let you know if I see a 13 crop up.

Thanks mate, appreciated! Wayne dug out a couple of Dora-9's for me, it's only the '109G-10's that I'm looking for. Well, if you find more Dora's, I won't complain....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back