Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-6 W.Nr. 550476 'Weiße 11' 1./JG 1 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with Wayne , Dan.I haven't seen for ages a guy who got such nice skills in such a short time.D:

Thanks for the words guys, I really do appreciate the support... Im very proud of the Panther and Dora I built, so much so that I consider the Dora the best thing Ive ever built in my entire life....

Im not lookin for pity as u guys know me well enough to know I dont play that sh!t... Its just some bitchin about the fact that Im competing with guys in Cat 2 that have waaaay more experience than I do....

And Im not really bitchin either, just moaning that Im gonna get my ass handed to me by these guys...

Most important thing is the group build has created a group effort? Surely that was point originally, regardless of 'winning' or being the best.

deelen_wolves_by_wade_meyers_z250.jpg

most_dangerous_game_by_wade_meyers_pbtu.jpg

Fw190A6_ICR4.jpg

Fw190A6_ICR12.jpg

Fw190A6_ICR3.jpg

Fw190A6_ICR5.jpg

Found these, maybe it will help some.

Most important thing is the group build has created a group effort? Surely that was point originally, regardless of 'winning' or being the best.

Exactly Alex! One of the reasons I won't be competing in the builds - puts my concentration off thinking of it as a competition...

It's definitely the spirit of the thing that counts, the 'togertherness' (for want of a better phrase!) of like-minded people, across the World, all working to the same end. It doesn't matter if there's a 'winner' or not, there's certainly no loser, and everyone enjoys the participation, whilst learning something, and, perhaps, passing on some learning to others. And, of course, this might be the FIRST TIME it's been done!

Indeed! It was first and foremost to have fun, learn about the pilot, aircraft and sometimes a certain period in time etc....
Remember, the "winner" have to buy everybody a round! :lol:

Thank you for your inputs, guys:)

Now back to my relation.
First, some in-box photos:
imgp23261024x768.jpg

imgp23271024x768.jpg

imgp23281024x768.jpg

imgp23291024x768.jpg

As you can (I hope, because I'm not even a good photographer:( ) see from these photos, this Hasegawa's Fw 190 A-6 is in fact, just like their other A-5 and A-6 releases in 1:72 scale, their A-8 kit with MG 17 gun cowling.
The good news is it has great Fw 190' shape if you know what I mean and beats every other released 190s in 1:72 - BTW it's quite sad that nearly 20 years old kit (the original A-8 was released in 1989 or 1991, I don't remember and currently cannot check it due to fw190.hobbyvista.com server issues) is still the best game in town and no kit manufacturer made a modern, good in shape and well-detailed Fw 190 A-5 - A-9/F/G kit:rolleyes:
On the other hand, the kit needs some rescribing as it represents all access-panels of an A-8 (and I have to say it does it quite good) and of course, a lot of detailing - but this is what I love in modelling :) but also one of the reasons I didn't finish any kit for a long time:mad:

Tomorrow first photos from my workbench, now have a good night/day/aurora :)

With Wayne here.I have noticed one more thing which can be a mistake.The main landing gear wheels have the late solid hubs introduced with A-7 and used for all later versions.The A-6 wheel variant was of the early hub kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back