"Fury"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Honestly, if you go back and look at the movie Battle of Britain, you would think that the Luftwaffe only had the Bf109, the Ju87 and the He111 while the RAF only had Spitfires...

I understand it was "only a movie", but the BoB had such a wide variety of aircraft that sticking to only one type or the other kind of kills the atmosphere. (Kind of like in Flyboys where all the German aircraft were red DR.Is)

Honestly, if you go back and look at the movie Battle of Britain, you would think that the Luftwaffe only had the Bf109, the Ju87 and the He111 while the RAF only had Spitfires...

It was made in 1969, without the benefit of CGI. The flying sequences were performed by real pilots in real aeroplanes.

They had problems finding a flyable 110 because most of them ended up nose down in the south coast of England when they met an RAF fighter.

Alot of movies back in those days were pretty innovative when it came to aircraft. Look the Japanese aircraft inTora! Tora! Tora!...to the casual observer, those were attacking IJN aircraft. To the those that knew better, it was a great chance to see some BT-13 trainers! :lol:

Red Tails is definitely one of the worst war movies ever filmed. Those guys really deserved their story telling a little better than that...

I just watched fury. It was pretty good. A tank version of saving private ryan is what I compared it to.

Ummmmm......no.

So 300 SS troops with crates full of Panzerfausts against a single Sherman and .....yeah..... I won't spoil it for those who didn't see it but I'm sure they can draw their own conclusion.

Will admit the effects were good and that it's nice to see some original equipment. But the story was predictable and held to the unfortunate norm established by most Hollywood war movies. I would not put it in the same league as Ryan which put itself above that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back