Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

It's funny how just the slightest change of angle can change the color...:lol: Even though there are differences between the gray on Red "13" and Red "4"..

Ok, after some reviewing of the photo's, the Crandall/Tullis artwork is most accurate....sorry Jan but the Forsyth profile for the wings is not correct, (I have it too) especially for the port wing.You must understand that this book was released some time ago, before many more photo's surfaced.
the forthcoming Eagle Editions Vol. 2 will have even more photo's and further updated profile work for the JV44 Dora's...can't wait!!

The Japo wing profile, see below, is slightly different but fairly similar to the Eagle profiles.

Image credit: Fw190D Camo and Markings Part II, Japo.

Attachments

• JV44_Red 1_Wing Camo_Japo_a.JPG
    JV44_Red 1_Wing Camo_Japo_a.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 90
That's alright mate.... Just stumbled across my EagleCals 1/48 set of decals, forgot that I had them...:oops: :lol:
They show a camouflage different from the book, but similar to yours! :oops: :lol:

This IS a part of the fun though, isn't it? To talk and discuss back and forth, to solve a problem at hand, to learn and getting things as correct as possible...right?

If I'm wrong so be it, no harm in that, I'll be correct the next time, thanks to this, but the times when I'm right, yaayyy! :lol:

Yea, thanks fellas... Unfortunatly, I have to repaint the whole topside of my Dora still....

So it looks like the Hasegawa directions are incorrect..... Wayne, can u post up the side profile u best think covers it onece in for all???

Is it this one?? The reason I ask is that the detail SUCKS so bad I cant stand it....

Attachments

• pro03.jpg
    pro03.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 167
  • pro03a.jpg
    pro03a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 153
  • pro03b4.jpg
    pro03b4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 168
  • pro03c.jpg
    pro03c.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 161
Dan, I am barely awake but from the other page........... yes Crandall/Tullis is the profile(s) you want. back in the early 80's when everyone thought the staffels Fw's had black numerals I chatted with Jerry about the possibility of Red and he said yes that is correct and we started sharing much information and his comments about interviewing Klaus Faber and his flying his Würger at some length. to make a long story short the JV 44 stuff in Jerrys book(s) are what you need to complete your Dora

Thanks guys, thanks alot.... I appreciate it....

I actually have that link saved Alex and have used it as a reference in this very thread.... I thought that it was alittle over the top compared to some of the other models Ive seen, but Ill take ur word Wayne and use it as a solid basis....

Thx again..

i did a 1:32 A3..pretty nice kit..just dont remember who made the kit..
the D-9 looks awsome..need to get my hands on that
but regarding the stripes..i masked those out as the decals was a pain in the b.. to get correct on..and it looks better when airbrushed on.. i did the eismeer squadron white 10 that flew from herdla/Norway

Attachments

• models 004.jpg
    models 004.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back