Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some cheerleaders to keep you going Dan...!:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 53
Looks bl**dy great brother...keep us posted...d*mn good to see you back in the groove! 8) :thumbleft:

Edit: Come to think about something Dan, buddy....have you checked that the needle is straight?

Thanks Karl and Heinz....

The needle sure looks straight Jan.... The way I was trying to do the mottleing Wayne was by setting the screw on the actuator at about 60% out and tapping the control real quick, like a tap tap tap kinda movement.... It kinda worked but was taking forever and the brush was hangin up and spitting water etc etc.... Is that method kinda how I should do it????

Got real frustrated and then said fu*k it and sprayed the bastard.... If I wanted to try and accentuate the camo Wayne with some spot mottleing work, could I add alittle grey or black to the camo colors and slightly "spot" it up some???

The needle sure looks straight Jan.... The way I was trying to do the mottleing Wayne was by setting the screw on the actuator at about 60% out and tapping the control real quick, like a tap tap tap kinda movement.... It kinda worked but was taking forever and the brush was hangin up and spitting water etc etc.... Is that method kinda how I should do it????

Got real frustrated and then said fu*k it and sprayed the bastard.... If I wanted to try and accentuate the camo Wayne with some spot mottleing work, could I add alittle grey or black to the camo colors and slightly "spot" it up some???

yeah adding small amounts to the base colours would help, just be careful!!!

FYI....Ok, I use a dual action airbrush, air first and then carefully adding the paint. I quite often play around a bit spraying my hand that holds the model! to get the correct consistency...then I start on the model spraying small areas of mottle gradually covering larger areas. I stop occasionally to wipe the tip to avoid paint build up on the tip and spatter!! Keep the brush moving.....in and out and round about!!

Dan...it would take me 1-2 hours to paint your Dora with just the RLM 82 Light Green, that is all the wing area, fuselage and tail....building up the mottling effect. Then another hour or so with the Dark Green over the light Green.....so it takes time to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back