GB.19 Aircraft Nose Art Introduction (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now that's what you call nose art, and fuselage art, and tail art and ............... darned grafitti artists !!

Lol allright, but I'll finish this one first then the next :D so I don't over do it all at once :D

How about them there birds and their 'art', when you landed on the wrong carrier back in the day, could be embarrassing, when you got back to your own ship.... :lol:

Howdy, I've decided this will be my first GB if my subject fits the bill?

So I am thinking P-47D "Galloping Catastrophe" of the 5th ERS with the following individual nose art -

EA151AE0-4EA5-42B8-AD72-9EF1551A99F2-591-000000366840952D.jpg

Cheers Chris

Which would be the best kit to build this from?
I have already purchased the decal set as also the resin underwing life rafts and smoke marker etc kit.
Not looking to break the bank though and needs to be in 1/48 of course.

Hope to do it justice.

FYI here are my relics from the same plane -

C5F2739C-56F8-40D6-AF45-97938B354DCE-591-000000F41FBDCF26.jpg

The Tamiya Kit is the best razorback kit out there. It's on the expensive side but well worth it. If you want to keep cost down go with the old Monogram kit which isn't bad but has raised panel lines and not nearly as much detail as the Tamiya kit. What ever you do stay away from the Hawk/Testors kit. That one is a nightmare.

Thanks Guy's. Tamiya kit has been ordered. Will start a thread when it arrives next week.

Cheers Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back